Feedburner is ruining my podcast description in iTunes.

Rob Attrell

Nov 4, 2014, 1:13:01 PM11/4/14
to feedburner...@googlegroups.com

Getting my podcast feed straight from Blogger (left), I get my notes formatted exactly as written, with URLs and everything, but I lose out on most of the Smartcast functionality, like podcast authorship and description, podcast art, etc.

However, when I run the podcast through Feedburner with Smartcast on, it automatically filters my notes through a parser to generate an episode-level "itunes-summary", which retains none of the original formatting and doesn't read links properly unless they are plain URLs (see right). No amount of tweaking can seem to let me get the correct formatting with Smartcast on (if there is no iTunes summary, iTunes will use the description instead, which it can read and format fine). The only way I can actually get an iTunes compatible feed is to manually download the feed, remove iTunes summary and direct people to the modified xml file (aside from using some programming that is of yet above my programming ability.

Please let me know if there is some simple way to address this issue with feedburner, or perhaps fine-grained control of SmartCast properties would be helpful!

Thanks!

LEFT: Formatted properly straight from Blogger, but missing iTunes properties.
RIGHT: All iTunes properties working as expected, but iTunes summary (notes text) formatting has been completely destroyed.