Feedburner shows only the last 12 episodes

R. Scott Clark

May 25, 2017, 5:35:25 PM5/25/17
to Podcasting
Self-hosted, WordPress blog.

There are 127 episodes but only the most recent 12 show up when listeners subscribe. I've changed the value in the subscription count in the syndication settings on the blog but that doesn't help. The home page shows the 12 most recent posts but changing that value doesn't help.

I tried changing the code for the original feed under feed details but that did not help.

Help!

Thank you.

Scott

Matti nescio

May 25, 2017, 5:49:56 PM5/25/17
to Podcasting
I'm seeing 20 posts in https://heidelblog.net/feed/ , but is that even
the Original Feed URL for https://feeds.feedburner.com/heidelcast

R. Scott Clark

May 25, 2017, 5:57:17 PM5/25/17
to Podcasting
Thank you. The original feed is:

Some subscribers report getting 12 (as I just did in Podcruncher) and others report getting 20 episodes.

Joerg Droege

Jun 4, 2017, 10:38:29 PM6/4/17
to Podcasting
We had a similar problem once. that problem was hardcoded limits in the CMS we use for RSS Feeda and in Feedburner itself.

Make sure the original feed has no limitation. To remove the limitation in Feedburner you need to add this in the "original feed" field behind the URL:
?max-results=500

Hope this helps :)

Cheers
Joerg

R. Scott Clark

Jun 5, 2017, 12:15:58 PM6/5/17
to Podcasting
Joerg,

Thank you!

The problem was syndication settings of our site. We had to raise the number to accommodate the number of podcasts. We had tried this once before but apparently it takes longer than we thought for the change to go into effect.

Thanks for your help.