[fcrepo-user] setting FEDORA_HOME in context param not fixed in 3.3.1?

1 view

Illtud Daniel

Nov 16, 2010, 7:53:30 AM11/16/10
to fedora-com...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi,

In:

https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-641?focusedCommentId=15311&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#action_15311

It says that setting FEDORA_HOME via the web.inf context param is
fixed in 3.3.1. I've installed 3.3, patched it to 3.3.1 as per the
instructions, and I'm still getting:

> INFO: Deploying web application archive fedora.war
> ERROR 26:46 [/fedora]> Exception starting filter AuthFilterJAAS
> javax.servlet.ServletException: FEDORA_HOME environment variable not set
> at org.fcrepo.server.jaas.AuthFilterJAAS.init(AuthFilterJAAS.java:116)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.getFilter(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:221)

which suggests that this fix isn't working in 3.3.1.

I can confirm that it works OK if I put FEDORA_HOME=/usr/local/fedora
in /etc/sysconfig/tomcat5 (using system tomcat) and that
localhost:8080/fedora/describe reports version 3.3.1

--
Illtud Daniel illtud...@llgc.org.uk
Prif Swyddog Technegol Chief Technical Officer