[fcrepo-user] how to purge Fedora Commons JMS queue

Luca Lelli

Jun 20, 2012, 5:37:19 AM6/20/12
to Support and info exchange list for Fedora users.

Hi all,

we are using Fedora Commons 3.X with GSearch 2.4.1. We'd like to purge the Fedora Commons JMS queue in order to throw away all messages actually present in the queue. Is there a command (or other) which permits to clear the JMS queue?

Thanks

Luca

--
Luca Lelli

Matteo Boschini

Jun 20, 2012, 6:35:51 AM6/20/12
to Support and info exchange list for Fedora users.
have you tried
- webconsole ?
- deleting files from path defined in
fedora-internal-use/config/activemq.xml ? (caveat)

(first things that pop-up in mine non-expert mind, so cros-check)

Matteo Boschini

Jun 20, 2012, 6:36:46 AM6/20/12
to Support and info exchange list for Fedora users.
obviously also
activemq-admin purge "QUEUE-NAME"

awo...@duraspace.org

Jun 20, 2012, 9:11:20 AM6/20/12
to Support and info exchange list for Fedora users.

Luca Lelli

Jun 20, 2012, 9:48:57 AM6/20/12
to Support and info exchange list for Fedora users.
Il 20/06/2012 15.11, aj...@virginia.edu ha scritto:

How is your repository messaging module configured? (E.g. your fedora.fcfg stanza and/or activemq.xml.)
it has a default configuration in messaging module of fedora.cfcg; so it's used activemq jar library.  Not having an external ActiveMQ broker we have not used activemq.xml file.
Thanks
Luca
--
Luca Lelli
--------------------------

Burgis, Richard (burgisri)

Jun 20, 2012, 10:00:41 AM6/20/12
to Support and info exchange list for Fedora users.

We are currently ingesting several (reasonably) large sets of PDFs. The first 20 or so went fine, but the last one had an abort with the message below.

The object was created and the first 8 pdfs were ingested as data streams,  but the problem occurred on number 9.

There doesn’t seem to be anything different about the 9th pdf. In addition I ingested an additional set with no problems afterwards.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Rich

Unknown Error: HTTP 500 Error: javax.ws.rs.WebApplicationException: org.fcrepo.server.errors.StreamWriteException: Error writing temp stream at org.fcrepo.server.rest.BaseRestResource.handleException(BaseRestResource.java:172) at org.fcrepo.server.rest.DatastreamResource.addOrUpdateDatastream(DatastreamResource.java:583) at org.fcrepo.server.rest.DatastreamResource.addDatastream(DatastreamResource.java:358) at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor147.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597) at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.model.method.dispatch.AbstractResourceMethodDispatchProvider$ResponseOutInvoker._dispatch(AbstractResourceMethodDispatchProvider.java:175) at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.model.method.dispatch.ResourceJavaMethodDispatcher.dispatch(ResourceJavaMethodDispatcher.java:67) at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.uri.rules.HttpMethodRule.accept(HttpMethodRule.java:163) at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.uri.rules.RightHandPathRule.accept(RightHandPathRule.java:111) at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.uri.rules.ResourceClassRule.accept(ResourceClassRule.java:71) at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.uri.rules.RightHandPathRule.accept(RightHandPathRule.java:111) at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.uri.rules.RootResourceClassesRule.accept(RootResourceClassesRule.java:63) at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.application.WebApplicationImpl._handleRequest(WebApplicationImpl.java:689) at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.application.WebApplicationImpl.handleRequest(WebApplicationImpl.java:647) at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.application.WebApplicationImpl.handleRequest(WebApplicationImpl.java:638) at com.sun.jersey.spi.container.servlet.WebComponent.service(WebComponent.java:309) at com.sun.jersey.spi.container.servlet.ServletContainer.service(ServletContainer.java:425) at com.sun.jersey.spi.container.servlet.ServletContainer.service(ServletContainer.java:590) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:722) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:304) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210) at org.fcrepo.server.security.servletfilters.FilterRestApiFlash.doFilter(FilterRestApiFlash.java:79) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210) at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:368) at org.fcrepo.server.security.jaas.AuthFilterJAAS.doFilter(AuthFilterJAAS.java:330) at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:380) at org.springframework.security.web.access.channel.ChannelProcessingFilter.doFilter(ChannelProcessingFilter.java:109) at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:380) at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:169) at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.invokeDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:237) at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:167) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:224) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:169) at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:472) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:168) at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:100) at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:929) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118) at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:405) at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:964) at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:515) at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:302) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662) Caused by: org.fcrepo.server.errors.StreamWriteException: Error writing temp stream at org.fcrepo.server.management.DefaultManagement.putTempStream(DefaultManagement.java:1312) at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor148.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597) at org.fcrepo.server.messaging.NotificationInvocationHandler.invoke(NotificationInvocationHandler.java:68) at $Proxy5.putTempStream(Unknown Source) at org.fcrepo.server.management.ManagementModule.putTempStream(ManagementModule.java:497) at org.fcrepo.server.rest.DatastreamResource.addOrUpdateDatastream(DatastreamResource.java:465) ... 47 more Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException at org.fcrepo.server.utilities.StreamUtility.pipeStream(StreamUtility.java:128) at org.fcrepo.server.management.DefaultManagement.putTempStream(DefaultManagement.java:1303) ... 54 more

awo...@duraspace.org

Jun 20, 2012, 10:17:03 AM6/20/12
to Support and info exchange list for Fedora users.

Burgis, Richard (burgisri)

Jun 20, 2012, 11:50:47 AM6/20/12
to Support and info exchange list for Fedora users.

To add to the information available I have just manually ingested the PDF with no problem.

It would probably help to add that I am doing this from a Java program using fedora-client-0.1.6-with-dependencies.jar.

Thanks

Rich

Burgis, Richard (burgisri)

Jun 20, 2012, 3:21:16 PM6/20/12
to Support and info exchange list for Fedora users.

This is a damaged file. Why I could load it from the administrative console, I do not know, but Adobe reader reports It as damaged and removing it makes everything happy.