[Fedora-users] Moving from Fedora 1.2.1 to Fedora 2.1.1

Dave Hoover

May 18, 2006, 4:33:19 PM5/18/06
to Fedora Listserv

I was just reading the upgrade instructions and want to get a
clarification on the notes about moving from 1.2.1 to 2.1.1
the notes seem to imply that 1.2.1 objects must be transfered
to a 2.0 fedora release before they can go to 2.1.1. And that
fedora 1.2.1 patch must be made on the 1.2.1 server before
tyring to ingest objects to the new server.

My specific setup is one server running fedora 1.2.1 with ingested
objects. I have installed fedora 2.1.1 on a different server and
want to know the options for moving the objects and datastreams.

Can I :

- Use the command line ingest with the respository option from the
2.1.1 server to ingest all objects at once from the 1.2.1 server ?
Will I have to have applied patch2 to 1.2.1 before doing so ?

- Can I export the objects from the 1.2.1 server to text XML files
and run the command line ingest against these objects directly into
a 2.1.1 version ? Does this still require the 1.2.1 patch2 to be
applied ? Do I still need to put them into a 2.0 version first ?

- If objects were already ingested by either of the above methods from
my 1.2.1 server without patch2 being applied what is the specific
problem with future exports and ingests that are mentioned in the
notes?

Thanks,
Dave

Dave Hoover
Systems Programmer
Rutgers University Libraries
dho...@rci.rutgers.edu

Winter rain now tell me why
Summer fades roses die
The answer came, the wind and rain

Dave Hoover

Feb 20, 2016, 9:50:05 AM2/20/16
to fedora-c...@googlegroups.com

I am trying to upgrade from fedora 3.6.2 to 3.8.1

I have :

- downloaded Java 8 (jdk1.8.0_74) installed at /mellon/java
- run the installer /mellon/java/bin/java -jar fcrepo-installer-3.8.1.jar
- copied over the previous fedora.fcfg file
- copied over the previous fedora-xacml-policies
- started fedora 3.8.1
./fedora-start.sh

#!/bin/bash
source ./FEDORA-ENV
$CATALINA_HOME/bin/startup.sh

where FEDORA-ENV is:

CATALINA_HOME=/usr/local/fedora_3.8.1/tomcat
FEDORA_HOME=/usr/local/fedora_3.8.1
FEDORA_JAVA_HOME=/mellon/java
JAVA_BINDIR=/mellon/java/bin
JAVA_HOME=/mellon/java
JAVA_ROOT=/mellon/java
JDK_HOME=/mellon/java
JRE_HOME=/mellon/java/jre

A process does start (I see it with ps) but I can't connect to:

lynx localhost:8080/fedora/describe

Any ideas what I am missing?

The catalina logs show:

Feb 20, 2016 9:06:16 AM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
INFO: Initializing Spring root WebApplicationContext
Feb 20, 2016 9:06:17 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext listenerStart
SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'org.fcrepo.server.Server' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-I
NF/applicationContext.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.RuntimeException: Fatal error while starting server
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1422)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:518)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:455)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:293)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:222)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:290)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:192)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:585)
at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finishBeanFactoryInitialization(AbstractApplicationContext.java:895)
at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:425)
at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.createWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:282)
at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:204)
at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(ContextLoaderListener.java:47)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4992)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5490)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:901)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:877)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:649)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:1083)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployWar.run(HostConfig.java:1880)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Fatal error while starting server
at org.fcrepo.server.Server.init(Server.java:691)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.invokeCustomInitMethod(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1546)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.invokeInitMethods(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1487)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1419)
... 25 more
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'policyFinderModules': Cannot create inner bean 'LegacyPol
icyFinderModule' of type [org.fcrepo.server.security.PolicyFinderModule] while setting bean property 'sourceSet' with key [0]; nested exception is org.sprin
gframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'LegacyPolicyFinderModule' defined in file [/usr/local/fedora_3.8.1/server/con
fig/spring/policy-enforcement.xml]: Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could not instan
tiate bean class [org.fcrepo.server.security.PolicyFinderModule]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is org.fcrepo.server.errors.GeneralException
: com.sun.xacml.combine.OrderedDenyOverridesPolicyAlg
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveInnerBean(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:281)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveValueIfNecessary(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:120)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveManagedSet(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:365)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveValueIfNecessary(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:157)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.applyPropertyValues(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1327)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.populateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1085)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:516)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:455)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:293)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:222)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:290)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:192)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:567)
at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finishBeanFactoryInitialization(AbstractApplicationContext.java:895)
at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:425)
at org.fcrepo.server.Server.init(Server.java:626)
... 32 more
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'LegacyPolicyFinderModule' defined in file [/usr/local/fed
ora_3.8.1/server/config/spring/policy-enforcement.xml]: Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationExcepti
on: Could not instantiate bean class [org.fcrepo.server.security.PolicyFinderModule]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is org.fcrepo.server.err
ors.GeneralException: com.sun.xacml.combine.OrderedDenyOverridesPolicyAlg
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.ConstructorResolver.autowireConstructor(ConstructorResolver.java:288)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.autowireConstructor(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1002)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBeanInstance(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:906)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:484)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:455)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveInnerBean(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:270)
... 47 more
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could not instantiate bean class [org.fcrepo.server.security.PolicyFinderModule]: Construct
or threw exception; nested exception is org.fcrepo.server.errors.GeneralException: com.sun.xacml.combine.OrderedDenyOverridesPolicyAlg
at org.springframework.beans.BeanUtils.instantiateClass(BeanUtils.java:141)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.SimpleInstantiationStrategy.instantiate(SimpleInstantiationStrategy.java:108)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.ConstructorResolver.autowireConstructor(ConstructorResolver.java:280)
... 52 more
Caused by: org.fcrepo.server.errors.GeneralException: com.sun.xacml.combine.OrderedDenyOverridesPolicyAlg
at org.fcrepo.server.security.PolicyFinderModule.<init>(PolicyFinderModule.java:146)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)
at org.springframework.beans.BeanUtils.instantiateClass(BeanUtils.java:126)
... 54 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sun.xacml.combine.OrderedDenyOverridesPolicyAlg
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1720)
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1571)
at org.fcrepo.server.security.PolicyFinderModule.<init>(PolicyFinderModule.java:144)
... 59 more

Feb 20, 2016 9:06:17 AM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
INFO: Closing Spring root WebApplicationContext
Feb 20, 2016 9:06:18 AM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
INFO: ContextListener: contextInitialized()
Feb 20, 2016 9:06:18 AM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
INFO: SessionListener: contextInitialized()
Feb 20, 2016 9:06:18 AM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
INFO: ContextListener: attributeAdded('org.apache.jasper.compiler.TldLocationsCache', 'org.apache.jasper.compiler.TldLocationsCache@6966b024')
Feb 20, 2016 9:06:18 AM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
INFO: SessionListener: contextDestroyed()
Feb 20, 2016 9:06:18 AM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
INFO: ContextListener: contextDestroyed()

Thanks,
Dave

Dave Hoover
Systems Programmer
Rutgers University Libraries
dho...@rci.rutgers.edu

Winter rain now tell me why
Summer fades roses die
The answer came, the wind and rain

SCOTT PRATER

Feb 20, 2016, 10:13:55 AM2/20/16
to fedora-c...@googlegroups.com
Dave,

The XACML implementation changed from 3.7 to 3.8:

https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-1218?jql=project%20%3D%20FCREPO%20AND%20text%20~%20xacml%20ORDER%20BY%20created%20DESC

Try updating this line in your fedora.fcfg file (line 145, or thereabouts):

New:
<param name="XACML-COMBINING-ALGORITHM" value="org.jboss.security.xacml.sunxacml.combine.OrderedDenyOverridesPolicyAlg"/>

Old:
<param name="XACML-COMBINING-ALGORITHM" value="com.sun.xacml.combine.OrderedDenyOverridesPolicyAlg"/>

Also make sure that xsd_xacml_policy param is correct (around line 498):

<param name="xsd_xacml_policy1.0" value="xsd/cs-xacml-schema-policy-01.xsd">

-- Scott
--
Scott Prater
Shared Development Group

Feb 20, 2016, 10:15:13 AM2/20/16
to fedora-c...@googlegroups.com

This should be documented in the release notes somewhere, I'll follow up on that. One of the EOL requirements of the last Fedora 3 release was that we would depend only on supported libraries. Among other things, this meant replacing the Sun XACML engine with JBoss's. See also: https://jira.duraspace.org/plugins/servlet/mobile#issue/FCREPO-1218

In your situation, you will need to rename some of the policy Java classes referenced in your policy files. More when I'm not on my phone.

Regards,
Ben

SCOTT PRATER

Feb 20, 2016, 10:19:14 AM2/20/16
to fedora-c...@googlegroups.com

This bit me also, when I was recently upgrading from 3.7 to 3.8.1.  I'll update this document shortly to include instructions:

https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FEDORA38/Upgrading+from+3.x

-- Scott

--
Scott Prater

Shared Development Group
General Library System
University of Wisconsin - Madison

Feb 23, 2016, 7:03:26 PM2/23/16
to fedora-c...@googlegroups.com

Scott,

I made the changes in fedora.fcfg outlined below and was
able to start and access fedora 3.8.1

Thanks for the quick repsonse (and updte to the instaructions).

Dave

On Sat, 20 Feb 2016, SCOTT PRATER wrote:

> Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2016 15:13:49 +0000
> From: SCOTT PRATER <scott....@wisc.edu>
> To: "fedora-c...@googlegroups.com" <fedora-c...@googlegroups.com>
> Subject: [fedora-community] Re: Upgrading from Fedora 3.6.2 to Fedora 3.8.1
Once in awhile you can get shown the light
in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Dave Hoover

Feb 23, 2016, 7:05:16 PM2/23/16
to fedora-c...@googlegroups.com

Ben,

I made the changes in fedora.fcfg outlined in Scott's message,
are you saying that thre are other chenges need in POLICIES
stored at the object level?

Dave