[fcrepo-user] Fedora indexing issues

已查看 1 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Shaun Burriss

未读,
2011年10月19日 00:09:242011/10/19
收件人 fedora-com...@lists.sourceforge.net、Adi Utomo
Hi all

We appear to be having indexing issues with our application (VITAL 3.4.5 from VTLS) that uses Fedora Commons. The issues started when we attempted to migrate the software over to a brand new server. Records and metadata appear correctly however there are problems when we attempt to re-index an item (it takes too long, or doesn't index at all). We believe it may be an issue between Fedora and our Oracle database but we don't know much more than that.

Below is an email from our Systems technician which includes details of our OS and DB setup, as well as log files generated by our Fedora application.

Platform: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.7 (Tikanga)
Version: vital 3.4.5
perl version: perl-5.8.4-linux.tar.gz (Come in from the installation package)
java: jdk 1.5 (Come in from the installation package)
Solr: apache-solr-1.3.0
Database: Oracle enterprise database version:10.2.0.4
Dbadmin permission on the oracle database:
1. grant create procedure
2. grant create sequence
3. grant create table
4. grant create trigger
5. grant create view
6. grant execute procedure
7. grant select table
8. grant select sequence

Our DBA did not give the grant drop because the schema already has create permission(this will enable drop automatically) and because we hosted multiple schemas in the database DBA remove the grant "any"

Recommendation from vital support:
1. grant create any procedure
2. grant create any sequence
3. grant create any table
4. grant create any trigger
5. grant create any view
6. grant drop any view (Not granted, because already has grant create)
7. grant drop any procedure (Not granted, because already has grant create)
8. grant drop any sequence (Not granted, because already has grant create)
9. grant execute any procedure
10. grant select any table
11. grant select any sequence

Installation steps:
1. download vital-3.4.5.20110509-linux.tar.gz from vital ftp
2. untar the source package
3. create symbolic link /opt/vtls to point to /usr2/vtls-3.4
4. cd to untar source package
5. cp perl.5.8xx.gz to /usr2/vtls-3.4
6. Untar perl.5.8xx.gz
7. run ./install.sh
8. specified the perl/bin/perl directory
9. perform perl module check = pass
10. java licences = yes to install hava
11. setup vital as in installation.xml (Could you check if those settings are correct?)
12. copy the vital license
13. start fedora and check
http://vtl.cc.swin.edu.au:8080/vital/access/diagnostics/Index
14. ./fedora.sh stop
15. migrate datastream and object from prod
16. migrate index.xml and stylesheet
17. ./fedora rebuild 2-1 than 1-1
18. start fedora
19. Wait till indexing complete
20. run repository indexing from the WEB

Solar connection issue:
ERROR [2011-10-12T08:26:22.147] - ?:?
There was a problem retrieving the number of indexed Solr objects.
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServerException: org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServerException: Error executing query
at com.vtls.solr.PooledHttpSolrServer.query(Unknown Source)
at com.vtls.vital.web.models.IndexModel.getModel(Unknown Source)
at com.vtls.web.DefaultController.defaultHandler(Unknown Source)
at com.vtls.web.DefaultController.modelHandler(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor58.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.multiaction.MultiActionController.invokeNamedMethod(MultiActionController.java:434)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.multiaction.MultiActionController.handleRequestInternal(MultiActionController.java:372)
at com.vtls.web.DefaultController.handleRequestInternal(Unknown Source)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.AbstractController.handleRequest(AbstractController.java:153)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.handle(SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.java:45)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:806)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:736)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:396)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doGet(FrameworkServlet.java:350)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:690)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:265)
at org.acegisecurity.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:107)
at org.acegisecurity.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.doFilter(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:72)
at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:275)
at org.acegisecurity.ui.ExceptionTranslationFilter.doFilter(ExceptionTranslationFilter.java:110)
at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:275)
at org.acegisecurity.providers.anonymous.AnonymousProcessingFilter.doFilter(AnonymousProcessingFilter.java:125)
at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:275)
at org.acegisecurity.context.HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.doFilter(HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.java:286)
at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:275)
at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:149)
at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterToBeanProxy.doFilter(FilterToBeanProxy.java:98)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:215)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
at org.springframework.web.filter.CharacterEncodingFilter.doFilterInternal(CharacterEncodingFilter.java:78)
at org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:77)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:215)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:174)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:108)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:174)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:874)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:665)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:528)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:81)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:689)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
Caused by: org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServerException: Error executing query
at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.request.QueryRequest.process(QueryRequest.java:96)
at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServer.query(SolrServer.java:109)
... 50 more
Caused by: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: This application is not currently available

This application is not currently available

request: http://vtl.cc.swin.edu.au:8080/solr/select?q=*:* NOT (state:I OR state:D) NOT isCollection:true&rows=0&start=0&wt=javabin&version=2.2
at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.CommonsHttpSolrServer.request(CommonsHttpSolrServer.java:343)
at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.CommonsHttpSolrServer.request(CommonsHttpSolrServer.java:183)
at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.request.QueryRequest.process(QueryRequest.java:90)
... 51 more

Thanks in advance for any help. Please let me know if you need more information.

Regards,
Shaun

awo...@duraspace.org

未读,
2011年10月19日 08:00:362011/10/19
收件人 Support and info exchange list for Fedora users.、Adi Utomo
Based on that exception trace it seems that the problem is occurring in VTLS code, when it makes a query against a Solr server that isn't there (hence "org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: This application is not currently available"). I would think you will have to get support from them for this, since they have chosen not to make their VITAL product open source or contribute it to the Fedora codebase.

---
A. Soroka
Online Library Environment
the University of Virginia Library