[fcrepo-user] Is this a known problem? foxml:property NAME="info:fedora/fedora-system:def/model#label" value cannot end with a back slash.

1 view

Nicholas W

Aug 26, 2010, 9:18:48 AM8/26/10
to Fedora-com...@lists.sourceforge.net
Dear All,
Just discovered this by accident. I am not sure if this is a known
problem or not. In Fedora 3.3 If a label ends in a \ (blackslash) the
ingest of an object fails with an SQL error.

Ingesting this example:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<foxml:digitalObject
xmlns:foxml="info:fedora/fedora-system:def/foxml#"
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" VERSION="1.1"
PID="changeme:9688"
xsi:schemaLocation="info:fedora/fedora-system:def/foxml#
http://www.fedora.info/definitions/1/0/foxml1-1.xsd">
<foxml:objectProperties>
<foxml:property NAME="info:fedora/fedora-system:def/model#state"
VALUE="Active" />
<foxml:property NAME="info:fedora/fedora-system:def/model#label"
VALUE="Something ending in a slash \" />
</foxml:objectProperties>
<foxml:datastream ID="DC" STATE="A" CONTROL_GROUP="X" VERSIONABLE="true">
<foxml:datastreamVersion ID="DC.0" LABEL="DC" MIMETYPE="text/xml;charset=utf-8">
<foxml:xmlContent><oai_dc:dc
xmlns:oai_dc="http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/oai_dc/"
xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
<dc:title xml:lang="en">DC Title</dc:title>
<dc:type>http://purl.org/vocab/frbr/core#Expression</dc:type><dc:identifier>changeme:9688</dc:identifier></oai_dc:dc></foxml:xmlContent>
</foxml:datastreamVersion>
</foxml:datastream>
</foxml:digitalObject>

I get the following error:

Object ingest failed due to: Error (500):
<pre>javax.ws.rs.WebApplicationException:
fedora.server.errors.StorageDeviceException: Unexpected error from SQL
database while registering object: You have an error in your SQL
syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version
for the right syntax to use near ''Something ending in a slash \')' at
line 1
at fedora.server.rest.BaseRestResource.handleException(BaseRestResource.java:162)
at fedora.server.rest.FedoraObjectResource.createObject(FedoraObjectResource...

Is this known about? Has it been fixed in a more recent version?

Thanks a lot,

Regards,
Nicholas W.

Chris Wilper

Aug 31, 2010, 1:43:20 AM8/31/10
to Nicholas W, Fedora-com...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi Nicholas,

I just looked at the relevant code and this looks like a bug that is
also present with 3.4...thanks for the report. I've logged it here:

https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-789

- Chris