running fds with mpich2 windows 7

Itay

Dec 6, 2013, 9:32:23 AM12/6/13
to fds...@googlegroups.com
hi
:I try to run fds6 with mpich2 and i get errors
Error: no executable specifi
Unable to parse the mpiexec command arguments.

Error while connecting to host (10061)
Connect on sock (host=home-PC, port=8676) failed, exhaused all end points
Unable to connect to 'home-PC:8676',
sock error: Error = -1

my config.txt is:
exe\\cumputer name\Location folder\fds_mpi.exe job name.fds
dir\\cumputer name\folder name
hosts
Another computer 2

i open cmd with administrator and type:mpiexec - file (name of config txt).fds.

I would love to get help

Itay

Daniel_eval_firegas

Dec 6, 2013, 12:55:26 PM12/6/13
to fds...@googlegroups.com
Try to use mpich2 version 1.4...
Try to run the mpich2 cpi.exe example
Check your local network settings and your firewall.
Check your path settings to run mpi from cmd
Use mpiexec -n processnr fds_mpi file.fds
Check wmpiconfig....exe with GUI to find all hosts

Start the server smpd.exe -restart
Read the manuals and check
mpiexec -help
smpd -help

Itay Mesika

Dec 6, 2013, 4:54:38 PM12/6/13
to fds...@googlegroups.com
hi
i downloaded mpich2-1.4.1p1-win-x86-64.
i turn off firewall.
see attachment of my screen.
.I created a network with two computers sharin
?What is wrong

2013/12/6 Daniel_eval_firegas <D.Gut...@gmx.net>

my screen.png

Daniel_eval_firegas

Dec 7, 2013, 9:44:07 AM12/7/13
to fds...@googlegroups.com
Hi Itay,

I have never run fds on a cluster, but i believe that in your wmpiconfig.exe GUI there should be written all hosts which are found in the network. Beside the hosts there is written the verion, which in my case is one host with the right version wirtten in the bui after pushing the scan buttom. I thing you have to fix your network, maybe the ports of your router are closed, i do not know.

But what you could do is to start a fist simulation on one PC with (your 8 cores), using mpiexec -n 8 fds_mpi file.fds  ==> specifiy your meshes to MPI_PROCCESS... see user guide.

hope you will find a solution.

Itay Mesika

Dec 8, 2013, 4:46:36 AM12/8/13
to fds...@googlegroups.com
   .Thanks for your help
Now the software runs without bugs, but the calculation is a long time at 0.00
 seconds. simulation time =0.00 s
i have 5 meshes and evac meshes ,I did not give the names MESH(without mesh id =' ').i defined MPI_PROCESS to all meshes.i used mpiexec -n 6 fds_mpi file.fds.
what's worng?