Mailinglist or Google+ Group?

Ole Holm Frandsen

Feb 12, 2013, 9:12:33 AM2/12/13
to fdesktop...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone

This mailinglist is more or less inactive and the only one who seems to write on it is me. So I was thinking of closing it down again. We are currently four members (including my self).
Although what do you think? Should I keep this mailinglist, create a Google Plus Group/Site or simply just use KDE-Apps/Transifex to write announcements and so on?

It seems that most people just follow KDE-Apps for updates on the program and Transifex for updates on translations.

Kind regards
Ole Holm Frandsen

Kakadu

Feb 13, 2013, 4:32:12 AM2/13/13
to fdesktop...@googlegroups.com

If it will be possible to easily subscribe to new mail list I will not worry about migration.

Kakadu

P.S. But  main  issue for me is that I still doesn't know  if I need your application ) I think I will be more sure when video streaming via twitch.tv will be supported.

Ole Holm Frandsen

Feb 13, 2013, 5:42:43 AM2/13/13
to fdesktop...@googlegroups.com
Sure, a new list or group will be easy to subscribe to :-)

Hehe, use the applications that best forfill your needs and if mine do so in some aspect thats just awsome :-)
Currently I have no idea how to or if I will implement support for twitch.tv, since this is the first time I hear about it. Although it seems like an interessing site :-)

Kind regards
Ole Holm Frandsen

Kakadu

Feb 14, 2013, 3:26:13 AM2/14/13
to fdesktop...@googlegroups.com
:) I don't think that there is an Linux application for video streaming that fullfills my needs)

About twitch.tv streaming. Some time ago I created a script fot stream starting. Maybe it can give you some ideas about supporting this:

#!/bin/bash
source streamkey-twitch
#AINPUT=pulse
AINPUT=hw:0,0
ffmpeg -f x11grab -s 1366x768 -r 40 -i :0.0 -f alsa -ac 2 -i $AINPUT \
        -vcodec libx264 -vprofile high -preset faster -b:v 350k \
        -bufsize 1000k -threads 0 -acodec libvo_aacenc -b:a 64k \
        -f flv "$STREAM_KEY flashver=FMLE/3.0\20(compatible;\20FMSc/1.0)"

Best wishes,
Kakadu