gnu/io/ParallelPortEventListener

M Minhat

Jul 8, 2008, 2:52:29 AM7/8/08
to FBDK
Hi All,

Recently I installed these three files (below) in my new laptop which
is run under Windows Vista
i. jdk-6u6-windows-i586-p.exe
ii. jre-6u6-windows-i586-p.exe
iii. java3d-1_5_1-windows-i586.exe

When I run my system application, this message appeared,

: <RequestID=”1119” Action=CREATE” > <FB Name=”SIGNAL_MAPPING”
Type=”ParallelPortDev”/></Request>

C:\fbdk>cd \fbdk
C:\fbdk>rem java -jar -Xincgc editor.jar
C:\fbdk>java -cp .\editor.jar;.\lib;.\fb.jar;.\fbrt.jar;.\vv.jar
JEditor vnet; vhmi;fst1;service;vmath;netmaster
Exception in thread "Thread-5" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: gnu/io/
ParallelPortEventListener
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(Unknown Source)
at
fb.rt.parallel.ParallelPortDev.initialize(ParallelPortDev.java:43)
at fb.rt.FBManager.createFB(FBManager.java:242)
at fb.rt.FBManager.create(FBManager.java:201)
at fb.rt.FBManager.executeRequest(FBManager.java:320)
at
fb.rt.tools.SystemManager.transmitCommand(SystemManager.java:647)
at fb.rt.tools.SystemManager.sendCommand(SystemManager.java:
487)
at fb.rt.tools.SystemManager.createFB(SystemManager.java:338)
at fb.rt.tools.SystemManager.create(SystemManager.java:218)
at fb.rt.tools.SystemManager.create(SystemManager.java:237)
at fb.rt.tools.SystemManager.create(SystemManager.java:280)
at fb.rt.tools.SystemManager.run(SystemManager.java:668)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
gnu.io.ParallelPortEventListener
... 24 more

Could anyone help me how to solve the matter by telling me what should
I do.
I appreciate your kind help.

M Minhat.

Eccles

Jul 8, 2008, 7:09:10 PM7/8/08
to FBDK
Hi!

Have a look at the recent Thread titled, "Something is crashing my FB
runtime." The resolution in Item 6 relates to the existence of
multiple versions of Java on a partly "locked down" PC. Your symptoms
are not exactly the same, but there may be enough similarities to be
of use.

Kind regards,
Neil

christian

Jul 9, 2008, 3:39:54 AM7/9/08
to FBDK
Hi Minhat,

first of all if you are running everything without remote devices it's
enough to use
> > C:\fbdk>java -jar -Xincgc editor.jar
to start FBDK (V: 20080101) and all class files inside the fbrt.jar
and inside the lib folder are accessable. Thus, you can command out
your third one.

> > C:\fbdk>cd \fbdk
> > C:\fbdk>rem java -jar -Xincgc editor.jar
> > C:\fbdk>java -cp .\editor.jar;.\lib;.\fb.jar;.\fbrt.jar;.\vv.jar
> > JEditor vnet; vhmi;fst1;service;vmath;netmaster

Furtherone, it looks as there are some or one problem by instantiating
the class ParallelPortDev. The compiling worked corect? Try to open
this FB inside FBDK and try to launch it separately. It looks as you
are using at the variable definition of the class something special,
which could not be found.

> > at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)
> > at
> > fb.rt.parallel.ParallelPortDev.initialize(ParallelPortDev.java:43)
> > at fb.rt.FBManager.createFB(FBManager.java:242)
> > at fb.rt.FBManager.create(FBManager.java:201)
> > at fb.rt.FBManager.executeRequest(FBManager.java:320)

Kind regards,
Christian

M Minhat

Jul 8, 2008, 11:43:13 PM7/8/08
to FBDK
Hi Neil,
The problem is solved now.
what I did was editing my editor.ini and fbeditor.bat according to the
version installed
then I un-installed my JAva3D and reinstalled back the JAVA3D.

reboot my laptop and run the system application and it back to normal.

Thanks for lending me your kind opinion,
M Minhat.

mmin018 mmin018

Jul 8, 2008, 10:42:10 PM7/8/08
to fb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Neil,
Thank you for your reply.

I have changed my fbeditor.bat according to the JDK-version along with my editor.ini files but the problem is still unsolved.

This message appeared

Exception in thread "Thread-5" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: gnu/io/ParallelPortEventListener

Thanks for your help,
M Minhat.

mmin018 mmin018

Jul 9, 2008, 5:43:49 PM7/9/08
to fb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Christian,

Thanks for lending hand and ideas. My problem solved now and I can run my system application as usual.

I edit my editor.ini and fbeditor.bat according to JDK and JRE similar version.
Copy all classess files (including JAVA files)  from RXTX and parallel port devices to FBDK folder.
Un-install all 3 JDK, JRE and Java3D.

Re-install all 3 top items and reboot the laptop.

Eureka!!! it suceeded,,,but I have stuck with the earlier installation to Vista about 3 days
before asking help.

Best Regards,
M Minhat.