Twitter Rule for JSON

Phillip Rasmussen

Jun 23, 2013, 10:47:19 PM6/23/13
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,
Just before I get too far into it; has anyone spent the time already to update the twitter rule for the CMS plugin to use the new Twitter 1.1 API?

Cheers
Phil

Phillip Rasmussen

Aug 13, 2013, 12:05:13 AM8/13/13
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
Cool, just found this. Saved a lot of work: http://coryfail.com/index.php/farcry-twitter-fee/

Geoff Bowers

Aug 13, 2013, 3:28:24 AM8/13/13
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
Hmm.. great to see little FarCry code snippets out there.... might be an idea to cache that webskin rather than making 2 HTTP calls every page request ;)

<!--- @@Cachestatus: 1 --->
<!--- @@Cachetimeout: 600 --->

GB

Phillip Rasmussen

Aug 13, 2013, 6:05:55 AM8/13/13
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Geoff,
I made a mashup of the existing twitter and this one. Took about 4 seconds to complete the call, so caching was the way to go. Haven't used the cachtimeout before; so good tip.
Phil

Geoff Bowers

Aug 13, 2013, 6:20:32 AM8/13/13
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
On 13 August 2013 20:05, Phillip Rasmussen <phil...@webolution.co.nz> wrote:
I made a mashup of the existing twitter and this one. Took about 4 seconds to complete the call, so caching was the way to go. Haven't used the cachtimeout before; so good tip.

Yikes..  webskin caching is like one of the most awesome things in FarCry. True there are many awesome things.. but certainly webskin decorators in general would have to be up there.

GB

Geoff Bowers

Aug 13, 2013, 6:22:38 AM8/13/13
to farcr...@googlegroups.com

Phillip Rasmussen

Aug 13, 2013, 6:36:30 PM8/13/13
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
Hey Geoff,
For some reason my brain wasn't connected and I thought it was a decorator for timing out the webskin call. Yes, I use webskin caching extensively. And you're right, it is one of the most awesome things about Farcry. :)
Phil