Array formtool - some types create some pick only?

Colin Jones

Aug 15, 2013, 7:48:52 AM8/15/13
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
In the formtool array interface you can join multiple types using ftJoin eg:

<cfproperty ftSeq="2"

name="aRelatedIDs"

type="array"

ftJoin="dmEvent,dmFacts,dmFlash,dmNavigation,dmHTML"

ftLabel="Related Content">

You can also specify an attribute ftAllowCreate="false", which prevents the user creating new items, just pick from the list (http://docs.farcrycore.org/trunk/formtool-array.html).

In the list above however we want some of the items to be creatable, but not others.  i.e. The user can select from the library for all the types, but can only create new itemse for dmEvent, dmFact and dmFlash but not for dmNavigation and dmHTML.

Is there a way to achieve this or is ftAllowCreate an all or nothing option?

Cheers,
Colin.

Jeff Coughlin

Aug 15, 2013, 8:17:10 AM8/15/13
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
Usually what I do in these cases is just create another cfproperty tag and reference a second variable as well.  It's not ideal, but it works.

It would be cool if we were able to assign individual metadata per related array item.  Maybe something like ftJoin="dmEvent[allowCreate=true],dmFacts[allowCreate=false]".  But that's just not an option currently.  Maybe add a feature request in Jira and see what others think.

--
Jeff Coughlin