Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Phillip Rasmussen

ungelesen,
19.08.2013, 01:10:4319.08.13
an farcr...@googlegroups.com
Forgive me if this is a double post, I posted this earlier today and nothing appeared.

I've been heckled by my SEO person about duplicate URLs for the same content. This occurs when a dmHTML content type is referenced through a teaser template.
eg: /about-us (the dmNavigation furl) & /about-us/about-us (dmHTML)

My initial reaction was to put a canonical link tag in the header for a dmHTML content type. (and I did)
<cfif lcase(stobj.typename) EQ 'dmhtml'>

<skin:buildLink objectID="#request.navid#" r_url="theURL"/>

</cfif>

But I also thought fixing the issue at the source would be a good idea, ie any teasers for dmHTML.

<cfset tmpNavid = application.fapi.getContentType("#stobj.typename#").getNavID(objectid="#stobj.objectid#", typename="#stobj.typename#", stobject="#stobj#") />
<skin:buildLink objectID="#tmpNavid#">

<skin:view objectid="#stobj.teaserImage#" typename="dmImage" template="displayTeaserImage" />
</skin:buildLink>

Now all the teasers for dmHTML now reference the navigation furl and not it's own.

If anyone has a better solution, or if I'm making things difficult for myself please let me know. Most things I do originated from molio template way back when so some of the newer skeletons (fandango) might contain newer tricks.

Regards
Phil

Blair McKenzie

ungelesen,
20.08.2013, 03:08:3420.08.13
an Unname
That is basically what we would recommend, so congrats on your good instincts.

Blair

--
You received this message cos you are subscribed to "farcry-dev" Google group.
To post, email: farcr...@googlegroups.com

Might Aswell

ungelesen,
26.08.2013, 13:25:2026.08.13
an farcr...@googlegroups.com
oh my sorry..  I just posted the same issue... someone must have spammed out a white paper on this...

Might Aswell

ungelesen,
26.08.2013, 13:29:0726.08.13
an farcr...@googlegroups.com
With this solution what happens in a case where you have more than one dmHTML inside a dmNavigation?

 It doesn't happen often, but I know we do have a few of these..

Can a conditional statement be added?

On Sunday, August 18, 2013 10:10:43 PM UTC-7, Phillip Rasmussen wrote:

Phillip Rasmussen

ungelesen,
27.08.2013, 22:06:5127.08.13
an farcr...@googlegroups.com
You shouldn't have more than one dmHTML per dmNavigation. tut tut.
There really should be something that stops that practice in the webmin.
But if you do have multiples I guess you don't really need to worry. Perhaps just use the dmHTML furl as the canonical and leave it at that.

<skin:buildLink objectID="#stobj.objectid#" r_url="theURL"/>

Regards
Phil

Chris Kent

ungelesen,
28.08.2013, 04:33:1128.08.13
an farcr...@googlegroups.com
I have used multiple dmHTML content items for navigation nodes to allow for splitting large pages into smaller items.

There are a couple of webskin tags to assist - multiPageNav.cfm & multiPageTOC.cfm

I have also used multiple dmHTML page on an in-development project using Bootstrap Tabs getbootstrap.com/components/#nav-tabs to display each dmHTML content body.

Chris.
Allen antworten
Antwort an Autor
Weiterleiten