Object doesn't support this property or method

Ysbrand

Feb 17, 2010, 10:24:25 AM2/17/10
to fancybox
Hi,

I'm using the new version of fancybox now and it works perfectly
except in internet explorer. It won't put the image in an overlay and
it gives the error Object doesn't support this property or method.
I use this code:
add_to_head("<link rel=\"stylesheet\" type=\"text/css\" href=
\"".INCLUDES."fancybox/jquery.fancybox-1.3.0.css\" media=\"screen\" />
<script type=\"text/javascript\" src=\"".INCLUDES."fancybox/
jquery-1.4.1.min.js\"></script>
<script type=\"text/javascript\" src=\"".INCLUDES."fancybox/
jquery.mousewheel-3.0.2.pack.js\"</script>
<script type=\"text/javascript\" src=\"".INCLUDES."fancybox/
jquery.fancybox-1.3.0.pack.js\"></script>
<script type=\"text/javascript\">
$(document).ready(function() {
$(\"a.fancybox\").fancybox({
'overlayShow': true,
'autoScale': false,
'transitionIn': 'elastic',
'transitionOut': 'elastic'
})});; </script>");
If i have to believe the script editor the error should be in this
line: $(\"a.fancybox\").fancybox({
But thats the same as it was when i used fancybox 1.2.1, so i doubt
this actually is the problem. Can someone tell me what i'm doing
wrong, because i can't see it anmore

JFK

Feb 18, 2010, 4:26:18 AM2/18/10
to fancybox
a link please

Ysbrand

Feb 18, 2010, 6:59:52 AM2/18/10
to fancybox
Hi

ofcourse here: http://www.butterfly-anime.net/manga.php
I use the script here mentioned above. Here i use the JV2 gallery
integrated in the site. With fancybox 1.2.1 and 1.2.6 it worked
perfectly in internet explorer.

JFK

Feb 18, 2010, 3:32:56 PM2/18/10
to fancybox
sorry but your link doesn't work
Message has been deleted

Ysbrand

Feb 18, 2010, 5:57:39 PM2/18/10
to fancybox
sorry, it was still in maintenance mode. You can see now. Thanks
already

JFK

Feb 18, 2010, 9:39:11 PM2/18/10
to fancybox
IE is very picky and doesn't like many trivial things that other
browsers may overlook (even though you may have not javascript erros)
things like trying to load two different versions of jquery or two
different versions of swfobject

..... or your script like this:

<script type="text/javascript">
$(document).ready(function() {
$(".fancybox").fancybox({

'overlayShow': true,
'autoScale': false,
'transitionIn': 'elastic',
'transitionOut': 'elastic'
})});; </script>

instead of
}); }); </script>

T-Money

Feb 19, 2010, 12:59:53 AM2/19/10
to fancybox
Yea, I see the new transitionIn and Out are required now. Working now.
Thanks!

Ysbrand

Feb 19, 2010, 1:09:51 AM2/19/10
to fancybox
Hi,

thanks for your quick reply. I tried what you mentioned but ti didn't
help. After trying more i found out the problem is comming from the
jquery.mousewheel-3.0.2.pack.js line. In the script debugger i noticed
that the </script> was a different red in this line although i'm sure
the rest of the line is correct: <script type="text/javascript"
src="includes/fancybox/jquery.mousewheel-3.0.2.pack.js"</script>
I deleted this line since i didn't need this option, and that also
solved the problem.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Ysbrand

Feb 19, 2010, 1:17:58 AM2/19/10
to fancybox
never mind about what i wrote above here. I did make a small error in
this line.
<script type="text/javascript"> src="includes/fancybox/
jquery.mousewheel-3.0.2.pack.js"</script>
I forgot the > before the </script> This solved the problem. Thanks
for the replies