License change: LGPL => BSD

Christopher Bertels

Nov 30, 2010, 11:14:51 AM11/30/10
to fancy-lang
Hi there,

I've talked to some of you about this before, but I think I'll ask
here again so everyone gets a chance to reply to this.
I've been thinking about a license change from LGPL to BSD for Fancy.
Since I'm not the only contributor to Fancy, I wanted to ask if this
is fine by anyone or generally what you think of this change.

The basic reason for this is that many programming languages these
days come with a BSD license and I think that alot of people might
prefer it over a more restrictive LGPL. Victor suggested a
dual-license but since BSD is GPL & LGPL compatible, there probably
isn't a need for a dual-license.

Comments?
--
================================
Christopher Bertels

Christopher Bertels

Dec 12, 2010, 4:28:58 PM12/12/10
to The Fancy Programming Language
Hi all,

Just wanted to inform you that I changed Fancy's license to a BSD
license.
You probably also noticed the decline in activity regarding fancy in
the last couple of weeks. Just wanted to let you know that I'm back on
working on Fancy again.
Had lots of other stuff to do in the meantime but now we can get back
to hacking again. At least I will =)

Cheers,
Christopher.