Fancy v0.1.0 released

Christopher Bertels

May 28, 2010, 9:02:50 PM5/28/10
to fancy-lang
This is the first official release of Fancy.

Lots of stuff obviously still isn’t working yet but I think it was
time to mark a point in time and show what I’ve got so far.
So basically the most fundamental things work now.

I’ve attached the Boehm GC library code to Fancy’s sources to make
external dependencies & the overall building process as easy as
possible.

The code is good documented I think. Most of the C++ code has
javadoc-style comments and all of Fancy’s standard library classes &
methods have documentation strings as well.

I also created the basis for Debian/Ubuntu binary packages and have a
64bit binary package up here:

> http://fancy-lang.org/packages/ubuntu/

If you have Ubuntu (or Debian – it should work fine as well) add this
to your /etc/apt/source.list:

> deb http://fancy-lang.org/packages/ubuntu lucid fancy

Feedback is very much welcome. You can send me an email or post
comments & bugreports at the github repository.

Cheers,
Christopher.
--
================================
Christopher Bertels

Christopher Bertels

May 28, 2010, 10:42:54 PM5/28/10
to fancy-lang
Small Update:

There’s now also a Launchpadd ppa for Fancy that has both x86 and
amd64 versions of fancy built:

> https://launchpad.net/~christopher-bertels/+archive/fancy-lang/

In Ubuntu 10.04 you can add it like this:

> sudo add-apt-repository ppa:christopher-bertels/fancy-lang

You can also manually add this to your sources.list:

>deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/christopher-bertels/fancy-lang/ubuntu/ lucid main

I’ll be uploading all upcoming packages there since I myself can only
build 64bit packages.