import

Tyler Gillies

Jul 5, 2010, 4:17:56 PM7/5/10
to The Fancy Programming Language
import: [System]

gives me:

ERROR [foo.fnc:1] : syntax error at symbol :

Christopher Bertels

Jul 5, 2010, 4:33:59 PM7/5/10
to fancy-lang
Hi,

Excerpts from Tyler Gillies's message of Mo Jul 05 22:17:56 +0200 2010:

> import: [System]
>
> gives me:
>
> ERROR [foo.fnc:1] : syntax error at symbol :

That's because the import statement hasn't been implemented yet
really. For now there's require: which works and takes a filename,
similar to how it's done in Ruby.

I think I really should update the examples page on fancy-lang.org
If you want to see some working code, have a look at fancy's git
repository here: http://github.com/bakkdoor/fancy

There you'll find some examples in the examples/ directory. Theres
also the lib/ directory which contains fancy code for its standard
library (core classes & their methods that aren't implemented in the
C++ interpreter but in Fancy itself).

Additionally, theres a test/ directory that contains FancySpec test
cases for the core classes (FancySpec is a RSpec-like BDD-library -
just a lot simpler. You can find it its implementation in
lib/fancy_spec.fnc).

If you have any further questions, just let me know.
--
Christopher Bertels