@ Family Camping Tents Cheapest ALPS Mountaineering Meramac 3 Tent Cheap

barneyl...@gmail.com

Jul 6, 2014, 4:45:42 AM7/6/14
to family-ca...@googlegroups.com
Compare Best Family Camping Tents "ALPS Mountaineering Meramac 3 Tent" best product for you

Want to Buy Best Family Camping Tents "ALPS Mountaineering Meramac 3 Tent" ?.

You are finding for Best Family Camping Tents ALPS Mountaineering Meramac 3 Tent? We offer quality products ALPS Mountaineering Meramac 3 Tent. We strive to offer quality Best Family Camping Tents ALPS Mountaineering Meramac 3 Tent, leaving you satisfied. Please change comparing prices before buying so that you will draw your quality products and cheap...

Best Family Camping Tents "ALPS Mountaineering Meramac 3 Tent" 7.7 out of 10. based on 276 ratings

Check Price Update View More Detail

ALPS Mountaineering Meramac 3 Tent Detail & Feature

  • Free-standing 2 -pole design with shock-corded fiberglass poles
  • 75D 185T polyester fly resists UV damage and stays taut; 78D 185T Poly taffeta floor with 1500mm coating
  • Factory sealed fly and floor seams give best weather protection
  • Easy entry with 2 doors and single zip operation; 2 zippered windows (in the doors) and large side mesh panels for ventilation
  • Extra large #8 zippers on both doors for extra durability

ALPS Mountaineering Meramac 3 Tent: Description

    The Meramac series tents are all free standing 2-pole designs with shock corded fiberglass or aluminum ferrules. The ferrules are the "connectors" that hold the poles together and we use aluminum, rather than steel, because aluminum can never rust. The fiberglass poles are one size larger than normal to offer you a sturdier, stronger tent. The walls are uncoated so the tent can "breathe" under the urethane coated fly. The fly uses a pole in the top, which gives you an awning over each door for excellent rain protection. The fly is full length on the sides, not 3/4 length like some others, for better weather protection. The factory seal the seams on the floor and fly for maximum water repellency. Entry and exit are enhanced with 2 doors, which means if you have to get out at night, you don't need to crawl over the others to get to the only door. The second door is also nice for extra ventilation in hot, muggy weather. The door zippers are a #8, which is one size larger than most, for extra durability. Mesh storage pockets and a gear loft are included to help you keep your gear organized.

For those who have planning to buy it in a very lower price ? you must to check the client reviews & rates from several merchants. You will be glad to find out how convenient this item may be, and you will feel good realizing that this ALPS Mountaineering Meramac 3 Tent is one of the best selling merchandise on today.

Get ALPS Mountaineering Meramac 3 Tent Deal!!

Most helpful customer reviews

5An ideal 2 person, non-backpacking style tent
By K. Hyde
This is a rather hard to find size for a non-backpacking style tent and is ideal for single (car camping) or two person use (split between two when backpacking or also for car camping). Weighs 9#. It's small enough to fit in a 27" checked bag since I often fly to camp at the national parks. It's easy enough to find a 3 person backpacking tent, but I've found backpacking tents to be difficult to get in and out of and just don't provide the type of ventilation I seem to like. This is a great solution at a great price. The color scheme is not the same as what's in the picture - it's even more pleasing to the eye, blending in nicely with a natural colored background scheme. The picture shown here doesn't show it, but at the bottom of the fly there is a tab midway through to use with a guy line. It helps secure the tent a bit more and the ventilation increases dramatically when used with the guy line. By the same token a guy line isn't necessarily needed if it's getting into autumn and you want to retain more warmth inside. The two door design is great too, esp, with 2 users or if you want to increase the ventilation even more via the windows. With the other 4 guy lines midway up the fly attached I think this could deal with some pretty significant wind gusts with no concerns. The carrying bag easily holds the tent, poles, 10" nail stakes (wrapped carefully in a hand towel to prevent puncturing the tent) and rubber mallet with room to spare for a few large kitchen bags in case you have to take this down in the rain. Sturdy, stable and affordable. A solid 3 season tent.

Much like other tents, the stakes that come with this are a joke and are more like paper clips if you ask me. I'd recommend different stakes such as the 10" nail type that has a separate hole to connect the fly. They are rather heavy by comparison with other stakes, but perfect for use with this tent and a very inexpensive purchase since you only need 4. Another thing I found a bit annoying was the very small amount of velcro on the fly to use to wrap around the pole. It was difficult to get ahold of and so small that unless your fingers are spindles you have to really work at wrapping it around effectively while managing such a small amount of velcro. There are enough guy lines, but it would have been nice to have 2 of the 6 be smaller for use with the tab at the bottom of the fly. Some reflectivity of the lines would be nice too. I wish a custom ground cloth was available for it, but a blue 6x8' tarp you can get at that big chain store for less than $5 works great when folded under about a foot. Given the other factors above which I find to be more important, the few negatives I've mentioned here wouldn't warrant lowering my star rating to 4 and are easily remedied for about $20.

If you've been thinking to yourself that a 2 two person tent isn't big enough but a 4 person tent might be too big, then get this tent - it's the perfect compromise between the two and really is a rare size to find with that has such high standards (i.e., 1500mm coating). I would not think too long though if you're thinking of buying it. I am a member of an national outdoor gear company that was selling this tent at a slightly lower price. I waited too long and it sold out. I prayed that Amazon would have it and thankfully they did. It was worth the few extra dollars to have found it.

UPDATE: Sept. 2011. Just returned from several rainy days at Aspenglen Campground at Rocky Mtn. National Park and wanted to report that the inside of my tent and all my possessions were bone dry at all times. Before getting in and out of the tent in the rain I found it helpful to very gently pull the rainfly up and down a couple of times by the fly rod so the water sitting atop wouldn't end up on me since the peak height is 52" and I'm 66" tall and am going to somehow make bodily contact with the fly. It was a gentle, steady rain so when I opened the windows now and then no water even came near the windows at all, though a good wind-driven rain might cause some problems, but that's not the fault of the tent as much as it would be Mother Nature coupled with the position at which the tent was pitched. I had to take the tent down while still wet and luckily had a large hotel room in Denver. I simply spread the tent across the floor and hung the fly from the top of the bathroom door and both were bone dry the next morning. I continue to be very pleased with this product and it's the only tent I used through several camping trips in 2011.

5Easy up, lots of room, easy down
By Juanzelli
This may be considered a 3-person tent but I think of it more as a roomy, 2-person tent. With 2 Thermarests on the floor, there "might" have been room for a third but really was only enough for our gear. The construction seems durable. It was a breeze to pop-up and take-down was easy since there was plenty of room in the carrying bag. For a couple going car-camping, this unit is perfect.

5Great Tent for the Money
By Roadstar522
We ordered the Alp Tent after seeing the positive reviews. It was purchased for a Week Long Bike Trip of the Blue Ridge Parkway. When we recieved the Tent the first thing we did was Assemble it. It was very easy to put up with the Plastic Hooks instead of the Sleeves for the Rods you normally get on cheaper Tents. Once erect we applied Seam Sealer to all the threaded Seams and treated the whole tent with ScotchGuard Waterproof Spray giving extra attention to the Rain Fly. The 1st. 2 nights it Rained all night and we stayed dry as can be.The Rain Fly reaches nearly to the ground which is something I look for in a Tent. We also used a cheap lightweight Tarp for underneath and one inside mainly for dirt.The Tent had great extra room for two people. 3 could use it but it would be tight. Highly recommend this Tent for the Money.

See all 22 customer reviews...

Best Buy Best Family Camping Tents ALPS Mountaineering Meramac 3 Tent .
Best PriceBest Family Camping Tents ALPS Mountaineering Meramac 3 Tent .
Discount Best Family Camping Tents ALPS Mountaineering Meramac 3 Tent
Cheap Best Family Camping Tents ALPS Mountaineering Meramac 3 Tent .
Best Family Camping Tents ALPS Mountaineering Meramac 3 Tent Reviews.
Best Family Camping Tents ALPS Mountaineering Meramac 3 Tent for Sale.
Best Family Camping Tents ALPS Mountaineering Meramac 3 Tent Best Price.
Best Family Camping Tents ALPS Mountaineering Meramac 3 Tent On Sale.

Google Wikipedia Facebook Yahoo