@ Family Camping Tents Discount Slumberjack 2 Person Trail Tent Comparison

barneyl...@gmail.com

Jul 6, 2014, 4:50:24 AM7/6/14
to family-ca...@googlegroups.com
Buy Best Family Camping Tents "Slumberjack 2 Person Trail Tent" Best Price for you

Want Read Reviews Of Best Family Camping Tents "Slumberjack 2 Person Trail Tent" ?.

You are searching for Best Family Camping Tents Slumberjack 2 Person Trail Tent? We offer quality products Slumberjack 2 Person Trail Tent. We strive to offer quality Best Family Camping Tents Slumberjack 2 Person Trail Tent, leaving you satisfied. Please change comparing prices before buying so that you will draw your quality products and cheap...

Best Family Camping Tents "Slumberjack 2 Person Trail Tent" 8.8 out of 10. based on 156 ratings

Check Price Update View More Detail

Slumberjack 2 Person Trail Tent Detail & Feature

  • Free-standing 2-person Trail Tent with full coverage rain fly and vestibule; ideal for backpacking, fishing, and any other getaway adventure
  • Easy set up with color-coded clip construction and side-release buckle ten-fly connection
  • Sturdy fiberglass poles; heavy-duty 75D Polyester 1200mm construction with taped seams; mesh wall panels for ventilation; noiseless zipper pulls
  • Ridge pole geometry for maximum interior space; internal storage pockets to keep essentials handy
  • Packed weight: 6 pounds, 5 ounces; packed dimensions: 6 x 20 inches; assembled dimensions: 84 x 52 x 41 inches; floor area: 33.3 square feet

Slumberjack 2 Person Trail Tent: Description

    Backpacking, fishing trips, or a weekend get-a-way with friends — the Trail series offers exceptional livable space, ventilation, and waterproof protection. Designed for 2, 3, 4 and 6 people.

Should you have planning to buy it in the lower price ? it is best to to check the customer reviews & prices from several stores. You will be glad to determine how convenient this item might be, and you may feel good if you know this Slumberjack 2 Person Trail Tent is just about the best selling piece on today.

Check Slumberjack 2 Person Trail Tent Offer!!

Most helpful customer reviews

4Great choice for the occasional camper
By Kevin
I recently purchased this tent from Academy Sports & Outdoors on clearance for $37 dollars. The reason for purchase was a short notice backpacking trip. My old tent was long gone and I hadn't backpacked in years. I needed something... now. I would recommend setting it up at home before an excursion. (I didn't) I also pitched the directions (not advisable) Yet the tent was erected with ease! After returning home I timed the set up at 4:50 by myself, taking my time to still be cautious.

It's free-standing, all-mesh (great view), with two pockets, and about 5 loops (4 corners plus a center) on the ceiling - looks as though a universal gear loft would attach. Its great for lights, watch, thermometer etc.

Size wise, I had no issues with two full sized adults, gear and packs will need to be stowed under the single vestibule. I found the attached rainfly/vestibule and pole attachments are conveniently color coded by sides so that setup is simplified. The rainfly attaches with buckles that can be sinched tight. My only complaint is that the the tent has only one door, and one vestibule. Its not too big a deal but I'm convinced a good two person tent should have two doors. If this tent had two doors and two vestibules it would be a spitting-image of the Mountain Hardware Skyledge 2.1. Which is $350 and 3lbs 7oz.

For a temporary tent, (my purchase reason) and the once-in-a-while backpacker/car camper this tent is fantastic. Backpackers will find it heavy at nearly 7 pounds. But if you are with a partner, just split the weight. (all in the poles by the way) You may want a compression sack for it. I tossed the tent bag and pole bags as they are useless, and stuffed it in my sleeping bag compartment of my pack, and the poles in my packs' side pockets. If you don't plan on staking the tent (I didn't) in mild wind it was just fine. But you will need a single stake for the vestibule to work. Because the rainfly lays over the poles there is significant room between it and the tents' mesh. Making it very breathable. I had no condensation issues.

If stored properly and cared for this tent should last for many years, it appears to be well built.

4Retrofitting a Slumberjack Trail Tent 2 for higher quality and performance.
By Sebago
Last year I bought a Slumberjack Trail Tent 2 (from Amazon) and its custom fitted Slumberjack Trail Tent 2 Tent Footprint with the expectation that it would be used as just a spare backpacking "beater" tent. This tent is the cheap, downgraded clone version of Kelty's Trail Ridge 2 Tent (Slumberjack and Kelty are both owned by the same parent company: American Recreation Products). Being quite inexpensive, I expected to occasionally use the Slumberjack Trail Tent 2 for a season or so in some rough camping places that I would not want to risk damaging or "dirtying" better, more expensive tents (such as the Kelty Trail Ridge 2 Tent). If the Slumberjack tent became too damaged or dirty, I expected to consider it disposable at the end of the season. However, after using the Slumberjack Trail Tent 2 for a while, I was quite happy with the tent's size, durability, and performance for the most part. The freestanding tent was more sturdy than I expected and quite waterproof. For just myself, I liked the size of the tent. I liked the tent's full coverage rain fly. I liked the tent's vestibule. I liked the tent's lightweight polyester floor and its durability when paired with the tent's custom fitted Slumberjack Trail Tent 2 Tent Footprint. MOST importantly, I liked the inexpensive price of the Slumberjack Trail Tent 2 when compared to its upgraded, more expensive clone: the Kelty Trail Ridge 2 Tent. I ended up really liking the Slumberjack Trail Tent 2, but I knew it was not ideal as a good backpacking tent as it was a bit heavy due to some of its cheap parts. I then began to think about how to inexpensively retrofit this small tent in the hopes of creating a lighter weight tent with better quality components.

There were a couple specific components of the Slumberjack Trail Tent 2 that I did not like. The tent comes with typical cheap, heavy steel stakes and a couple of cheap, heavy fiberglass main tent poles. I started searching for affordable alternatives to replace these two inferior components of the tent. First, I searched on Amazon's website and purchased a set of the JOGR 8 pack 7" Ultralight Aluminum Alloy Y Beam Tent Stakes for $12.50 plus shipping JOGR 8 Pack Ultralight Aluminum Alloy Tent Stakes Y Beam. Next, I searched on Amazon's website for comparable sized inexpensive tents that offered aluminum tent poles. I found out that the Ledge Scorpion Tent has nice aluminum tent poles. I then went directly to the Ledge Sports company store website (ledgestore.com) and bought a set of aluminum replacement tent poles for their Scorpion Tent. The replacement tent poles set comes in a pack of 2 aluminum tent poles for $20 plus shipping. When I received the replacement aluminum tent poles from Ledge Sports for their Scorpion Tent, I found out these aluminum tent poles were 3 and half inches longer than the fiberglass tent poles of the Slumberjack Trail Tent 2. I thus had to cut the aluminum tent poles down by 3 and a half inches so that they would fit the Slumberjack tent. This is a very simple procedure. Just pull an endtip from one end of the aluminum tent pole, untie the knot of the shock cord, remove one aluminum tent pole section. Next, measure with a ruler 3 and a half inches from one end of the aluminum tent pole section and mark it with a magic marker. Cut off this 3 and a half inch piece with a hack saw and then file the trimmed edge a little bit with a metal file. Next rethread the shortened aluminum tent pole section with the shock cord and attached it back onto the full tent pole by retying the knot through the pole's endtip. Again, trimming down the aluminum tent pole was a very simple process. If I can do it, anyone can!

My Slumberjack Trail Tent 2 has now been transformed into an affordable, decent lightweight backpacking tent with nice quality components such as strong, lightweight aluminum alloy Y beam tent stakes and lightweight, sturdy aluminum main tent poles. The tent and the retrofitting parts combined price came to $102.50 per tent ($70 for the Slumberjack Trail Tent 2 and $12.50 for the JOGR 8 pack 7" Aluminum Alloy Y Beam Tent Stakes - both from Amazon, and then $20 for a 2 pole replacement aluminum tent pole set from Ledge Sports for their Scorpion Tent), plus shipping costs. An optional custom fitted Slumberjack Trail Tent 2 Tent Footprint for $24 is also available for purchase through Amazon as well (note: I strongly recommend this item in order to protect the tent's nice polyester fabric floor from damage, dirt, and moisture) Slumberjack Trail Tent Footprint. The only remaining complaints I have regarding the Slumberjack Trail Tent 2 is that the tent does not have any fly vents in the roof/ceiling of the tent's fly to enhance ventilation, and the fact that Slumberjack has not included (but should have) an overhead mesh gear loft. I find a gear loft to be very useful and handy in small backpacking tents where storage space is limited. The material and construction costs of producing such a mesh gear loft for this small tent would be minuscule. I truly believe that Slumberjack (or parent company: American Recreation Products) can easily afford the extra tiny expense to include such an inexpensive accessory with this small tent for free. I do realize that Slumberjack's parent company DOES include an overhead mesh gear loft for free with their more expensive clone Kelty Trail Ridge 2 Tent, however, I believe they should include it for free with their Slumberjack Trail Tent 2 as well. Again, we are talking about a TINY expense! Hopefully, the Slumberjack parent company (American Recreation Products)will become more generous and wisely include such an inexpensive accessory item as a mesh gear loft with their Slumberjack Trail Tent 2 in the future!

5Exceeded my expectations
By Amazon Customer
I purchased this tent for the sole purpose of using it for session two of my Woodbadge Training. On October 29th Woodbadge Coarse N5-347-11-1 became known as Winterbadge. Saturday start out with a light rain and by mid day turned to a mix of rain and snow. By 2:00pm a heavy wet snow began falling. When the we finally had a chance to inspect our tents, many campers found that their tents had collapsed. To my surprise my newly purchased Slumberjack Trail Tent was holding up very well against the weight of the wet snow. After shaking the snow off of the rain fly we returned to our training as the snow turned back to rain. At just about dinner time the rain turned back into a heavy wet snow and would continue as such on into the early morning. I can happily say that my tent was very dry on the inside. The vestibule kept my very muddy shoes protected from the snow that was building up outside. When I awoke the next morning there was a coating of snow and ice on the fly, again I walked the perimeter of the tent and shook the snow and ice off. This tent was designed for the punishment that it took, but it exceed my expectation and performed far better that several tents that cost almost twice as much.

Should you decide to buy this tent, I do recommend replacing the tents stakes with better quality aluminum stakes. I may replace the tent poles with aluminum poles at a later date. Setup was very easy which is good, because the direction are
very poor. The tent comes with ten stakes but really you could get away with only 6, as the ten itself is free standing. Although this is listed as a 2 man tent I feel it is better as a tent for one adult or two kids. I was able to get my cot inside as well as my backpack and still have room enough to change.

Simply said the Slumberjack Trail Tent was well worth the money I paid and again performed as well or better than tents costing more.

See all 75 customer reviews...

Best Buy Best Family Camping Tents Slumberjack 2 Person Trail Tent .
Best PriceBest Family Camping Tents Slumberjack 2 Person Trail Tent .
Discount Best Family Camping Tents Slumberjack 2 Person Trail Tent
Cheap Best Family Camping Tents Slumberjack 2 Person Trail Tent .
Best Family Camping Tents Slumberjack 2 Person Trail Tent Reviews.
Best Family Camping Tents Slumberjack 2 Person Trail Tent for Sale.
Best Family Camping Tents Slumberjack 2 Person Trail Tent Best Price.
Best Family Camping Tents Slumberjack 2 Person Trail Tent On Sale.

Google Wikipedia Facebook Yahoo