Family Camping Tents Best Seller Coleman Evanston 8 Person Tent Discount

barneyl...@gmail.com

Jul 6, 2014, 4:48:15 AM7/6/14
to family-ca...@googlegroups.com
Best Reviews of Best Family Camping Tents "Coleman Evanston 8 Person Tent" SALE for you

Are You Searching For Best Family Camping Tents "Coleman Evanston 8 Person Tent" ?.

You are looking for Best Family Camping Tents Coleman Evanston 8 Person Tent? We offer quality products Coleman Evanston 8 Person Tent. We strive to offer quality Best Family Camping Tents Coleman Evanston 8 Person Tent, leaving you satisfied. Please change comparing prices before buying so that you will draw your quality products and cheap...

Best Family Camping Tents "Coleman Evanston 8 Person Tent" 7.8 out of 10. based on 123 ratings

Check Price Update Read More Reviews

Coleman Evanston 8 Person Tent Detail & Feature

  • Sleeps 8 people, with a 12 by 12 foot footprint and 74-inch center height
  • Hinged door
  • Modified dome structure with large privacy wings and awning
  • Variflo system for adjustable ventilation and electrical access port
  • WeatherTec System is guaranteed to keep you dry

Coleman Evanston 8 Person Tent: Description

    From the hinged door and easy setup to Coleman's WeatherTec system guaranteed to keep out wind and rain, the Coleman Evanston 8 Tent is a great choice for comfort and convenience at the campsite. The tent sleeps 8 people comfortably, with a footprint of 12'x12' and a center height of 6'2". The hinged door swings open and closed; it includes a rigid pole frame support structure that is easy to install and take down. An overlapping door flap helps keep out insects when closed. Coleman's Comfort System allows control of airflow with vented Cool-Air Port/Cooler Port, privacy vent window, interior gear pocket and electrical access port. Color-coded 11mm fiberglass poles, continuous pole sleeves plus InstaClip attachments and an exclusive pin-and-ring design assure quick and easy setup even for beginners.

If you have planning to buy it in the lower price ? you should to check the buyer reviews & price ranges from several shops. You will be glad to discover how convenient this item can be, and you will feel good knowing that this Coleman Evanston 8 Person Tent is amongst the best selling item on today.

Get Coleman Evanston 8 Person Tent Low Price!!

Most helpful customer reviews

3Good most of the time.
By Jeff042479
I received my tent last night and immediately set it up.

Initial Inspection:
- All parts were included and the construction looks to be quality.
- The fly is taped
- The floor is a poly tarp material which looks like it will be durable.
- The screen does not look to be "noseeum" quality but a more course screen material. After inquiring about this with Coleman, I was informed that the screen is indeed no-see-um technology as are ALL Coleman tents. After looking at the screen again, it has a rather course screen with finer fibers woven into it. I'll update if I ever get bit by a no-see-um in my tent.

Setup:
-It took me 20 minutes to do alone the first time including untying the guy lines and staking it down. The tent is intuitive to set up for anyone who has set up a dome tent before.

Leak Test:
- It rained lightly right after I set up the tent. 30 minutes and no leaks.
- The rain stopped and I wasn't convinced so I set up the sprinkler like I do for all of my tents.
- After 1 hour which was about 3/4" of "rain", the corners of the tent leaked as did the seams where the floor meets the tent walls. I will need to seam seal that seam for sure.
- There was one drop of water on the screen which came through the fly in the top center of the tent. I need to pull the fly off and inspect for defects. There was some slight pooling so I need to recheck my setup to ensure it is set up correctly as suggested by the Coleman Customer Service.

General Observations:
- The "porch" area is large and keeps the weather off of the door. It would make a great place for 2-3 people to sit in the shade or out of the rain. It could also be used for gear storage, but I wouldn't put anything out there that can't get wet as a wind in the wrong direction would blow the rain under the fly.
- The door is convenient and the main reason I bought this tent. My 2 year old daughter was able to go in and out unassisted. The door does sag a little but there is Velcro in three places to keep it from flapping in the wind or anything and it seals up reasonably well. I would still zip the door shut when leaving for the day or overnight.
- The windows are large and allow nice ventilation but zip up for cold or privacy.
The electrical access port is located on the front of the tent and has a flap covering it so water can't get in. It also has a zipper when not in use.
- The walls on the sides taper up fairly quickly so if you are planning to put cots in the tent your usable space is not 12'x12', but more like 9.5'x9.5' at 20" off the ground. I think all large tents should include a 20" off the ground measurement for those that use cots or double high inflatable mattress'.
- I figure I can sleep on my cot and put 4 - 5 kids in the tent without anybody touching each other in the middle of the night.
- My tent did not come with the "Cooler Door". I didn't deduct stars for this, but just thought I would mention it for those who are interested as it seemed to be a hot topic in other reviews.
- I will use the tent after sealing it up. If I can get this tent to be waterproof, I will need to update my rating to at least 4 stars.

Overall:
- This tent doesn't initially look to be the quality of my Kelty Traildome 6, which is a 10'x10', but for the casual camper who won't take the tent in extreme conditions (heavy rain) I think it is a decent tent. I should note that My Kelty leaked initially as well but was OK after sealing the very same seam.
- I must also remind myself that it did not cost as much as my Kelty.
- It is a great family tent for good weather. I would not take this tent on my week long trip to Canada in a primitive campground until I test it further close to alternative sleeping arrangements.
- Did I mention I like the door?

Coleman Support:
I just finished Chatting with Dona on Coleman Support Chat. What a wonderful experience. She was responsive, helpful, and polite. I needed to ask if sealing the seams on my tent would void my warranty. She promptly answered my inquiry and gave me some helpful hints about making sure my guy lines are as tight as possible. She also indicated some other options for keeping the tent waterproof which really surprised me. I asked about the bug ratings of the screens and she offered to get me the specs and send them in an email. I also interacted with Ron on the chat yesterday regarding any initial treatments for the tent. I had an equally pleasant experience with him. Customer Service is alive and well at Coleman and I felt the need to give them two thumbs up as we are often too quick to complain about bad experiences and overlook exceptional experiences like I have had.

Update 06/25/12:
-I sealed the seams on the tent body which leaked originally and set up the sprinkler again. This time I let about 2" of rain fall on the tent and it looks like 98% of the leaks are fixed. As a matter of fact only one corner leaked. It was the last corner and I was running out of sealer so I think it will be fine after I put some more on it. Actually, it only leaked 1 tsp of water. If I can make it through a 2" rain storm with 1 corner leaking that small amount, I think I will be pretty happy. I've increased the score to 4 stars for this reason.
- I did notice a tear in the screen on the door about 1/2" long. I can't be sure this tear was there when I got the tent or if it was from the kids or something else since I had the tent set up in the yard for a few days so I'm not deducting any points.
- folding the tent back up into it's original bag was not an easy task. I usually like to carry an extra tarp and hammer, as well as an extension cord and a small fan so I always pack my tents into larger duffel bags anyhow.
- I did find with a tent this large when packing it up in the wind that If I left the upwind side staked down it made it a lot more manageable. Even when I folded the tent, I would fold a corner in, and temporarily stake it down to keep it where I wanted it. This made tear down a breeze.
- I'll be using the tent at a cottage next week and will update if there are any significant discoveries, otherwise, my review stands.

Update 07/09/12:
After using this tent for a week I have changed my review back to 3 stars for the following reasons:
- after being set up for a few days, the door began to sag and not seal well, you had to lift it and close it to ensure the Hook and Loop would support the door. When the kids went in and out there was a 1/2" gap at the top of the door allowing mosquitoes in.
- The tent did ok in short spells of light rain, but we had a couple of big dumps in which the tent did not perform well. The rain really came down for 3 hours. When the drops hit the fly, it is almost like they would come right through as there was a constant mist while it rained. This was probably an inch of rain per hour for 3 hours (It was REALLY heavy rain).
- The rain runs off the fly and onto the tent wall, which is not waterproof. I will need to spray the tent body with the same waterproofing spray Coleman Recommends using on the outside of the fly.
- I still believe this tent is ok for the casual camper but I would not take it for a week long trip if rain is expected.
- Temperatures were highs in the upper 90's during the day and down into the upper 60's at night. This tent breathed well. It got up over 100* inside the tent during the day with the sun on it, but once it was in the shade and/or the sun went down, it cooled down well with the outside temperatures. I have had tents that hold the heat in ,but with the big windows and the screen in the top of the tent, this one performed well.

4Nice Basic Tent
By Mondeep
This is a nice basic dome tent, seems like the perfect amount of room for car camping with my husband and two 5 yos. I am 5'2 and was able to put this tent up with a little bit of help from my 5 yo. The fabric sleeves that the poles go through seem a little thin, which is why I give this 4 stars. We'll see how it holds up over time. We decided to purchase this tent, over other more expensive tents, for the hinged door, which I am already SO HAPPY with. The tent went up in the yard for waterproofing and my kids were in and out of that tent over and over again. No zippers to worry about with the door.

The tent has a lot of mesh on the sides and towards the front, however it is covered by the rain fly. There is a zippered window in the back. It has a bathtub floor and a little plastic loop in the ceiling to hold a light. Two mesh bags, one on each side inside to hold your cell phone, etc... And a port for running electric cables through. It also comes with a grey rectangle the same fabric as the floor that you can stake down in front of the door for a doormat.

Overall, this looks like it will be a great starter tent for my young family. The price is right and if it lasts through the next few summers with my rough kids, I will be happy. And then after they are older and more conscientious, I may upgrade to a pricier tent.

7/19/2011: After sealing the seams and letting them dry for 24+ hours, we left this tent up in our backyard overnight during thunderstorms. The areas where the seams were not sealed on the rainfly because we could not reach, leaked. There were little puddles around the edges of the tent. So make sure you seal the seams if you buy this tent. we are going to finish the sealing and hope that fixes the problem.

7/25/2011: Back from our camping trip, this tent was great!!! I am so happy with my purchase. We sealed ALL the seams this time and also properly staked the rainfly which I realized I did not do the last time. We woke up at 7am during our camping trip to torrential downpours that lasted three hours and then sprinkled the rest of the day. We stayed completely dry, were able to leave the back window and window in the door wide open during the storm, the back and front awning did a great job of keeping the rain out. Great ventilation for those hot summer nights. Also, loved the hinged door. This is a great tent for a family with young kids. However, 8 person is a stretch. We had one full sized air mattress in the center and a thermarest on either side for the kids. The rest of the space was taken up with our small bags, one for each of us. So for us, this was a perfect size for the four of us plus our stuff. I'm glad we did not go smaller.

5The Perfect Family Tent
By padawan71
This tent was a recent purchase intended to be used for family car camping trips for this summer. Over Memorial Day weekend I set the tent up for the first time in the backyard so the kids could check it out and I could get a feel for the size of it and waterproof it prior to taking camping.

I felt I had to chime in on this as this tent has exceeded my expectations so far.

First of all, the tent is a perfect size for a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids). It could be the perfect tent for a larger group as long as you don't mind feeling "cozy". I like the 12x12 footprint of the tent & was one of the initial reasons for going with this one along with other features it had. The square footprint allows it to feel roomy and again, reviewing it as a family of 4, there was more than enough room for all 4 of us with plenty of room to spread out and for all of the gear we brought out to the tent from the house. We inflated a queen sized mattress for the kids and that took up half the width of the tent with space at the top and bottom of the mattress for coolers, books, toys, shoes and all kinds of other stuff. On the other half there was more than enough room for me and my wife to move around comfortably without feeling confined. It felt like a shared bedroom in size. If you were to fit 6-8 people in it with just sleeping bags, there is certainly enough room, but I'm sure it wouldn't feel as spacious. The tent is rather large and could possibly be setup by only 1 person, but the rods are long and it was easy enough to setup by me and a 4 year old, so you don't need 2 grownups to set it up.

Other things that I liked is that the shade of green more closely resembles the manufacturer's picture of the kids coming out of the tent as I didn't think I was going to like the other shade in similar pictures as much. In person, it's a nice looking tent with the color and the shape, both with and without the rain-fly vestibule. There are 2 pockets inside along the sides about halfway up the tent but they are not in the way at all, and are plenty big enough to hold flashlights, keys, mp3 players, phones, and things like that. Their not huge but big enough for those types of devices. The back flap is nice if you wanted to keep a cooler out of the tent but still have access to it, although, we had so much room we just kept the cooler in the tent, so it was just used as an air vent.

Another thing that is really nice about the tent is the almost open view with mesh ceiling. The top of the tent without the rain-fly is almost completely exposed minus the nylon coming up to the top from the back of the tent, so it is really nice being able to see they sky and you get a lot of ventilation between the open ceiling and the front and back window flaps, there is plenty of circulation. There is a ring type hook in the center of the tent, which we were able to hang a large sized lantern from and it had no problem supporting the weight of it. In the center of the tent, it is tall enough to allow us to stand up without having to hunch over, but with the lantern hung, you just need to take it down during the day so as not to bump your head into the lantern.

The big test came last night though, as the tent has been up since the weekend and I have not yet waterproofed it. We were under a tornado warning last night and had severe winds, rains, thunder and lightning. I went out to the tent this morning to find out how bad the damage was and the tent was standing there strong as ever. When I unzipped the door, which is also another nice feature especially with the kids going in and out all the time; since it is a hinged door, it is easy to get in and out of, I expected to find a ton of water inside the tent but was pleasantly surprised to find not one drop of water in the tent whatsoever, which is why I felt the need to chime in with my opinions on this tent. There are some less expensive tents available, but having done quite a bit of research on them prior to buying this one and after seeing it setup and in action, I believe this may be the perfect family tent.

See all 52 customer reviews...

Best Buy Best Family Camping Tents Coleman Evanston 8 Person Tent .
Best PriceBest Family Camping Tents Coleman Evanston 8 Person Tent .
Discount Best Family Camping Tents Coleman Evanston 8 Person Tent
Cheap Best Family Camping Tents Coleman Evanston 8 Person Tent .
Best Family Camping Tents Coleman Evanston 8 Person Tent Reviews.
Best Family Camping Tents Coleman Evanston 8 Person Tent for Sale.
Best Family Camping Tents Coleman Evanston 8 Person Tent Best Price.
Best Family Camping Tents Coleman Evanston 8 Person Tent On Sale.

Google Wikipedia Facebook Yahoo