# Family Camping Tents Review Big Agnes Flying Diamond 8 Person Tent Cheap

barneyl...@gmail.com

Jul 6, 2014, 5:04:39 AM7/6/14
to family-ca...@googlegroups.com
Review Best Family Camping Tents "Big Agnes Flying Diamond 8 Person Tent" deal for you

Want Read Reviews Of Best Family Camping Tents "Big Agnes Flying Diamond 8 Person Tent" ?.

You are searching for Best Family Camping Tents Big Agnes Flying Diamond 8 Person Tent? We offer quality products Big Agnes Flying Diamond 8 Person Tent. We strive to offer quality Best Family Camping Tents Big Agnes Flying Diamond 8 Person Tent, leaving you satisfied. Please change comparing prices before buying so that you will draw your quality products and cheap...

Best Family Camping Tents "Big Agnes Flying Diamond 8 Person Tent" 8.7 out of 10. based on 276 ratings

Check Price Update View More Detail

Big Agnes Flying Diamond 8 Person Tent Detail & Feature

  • Big Agnes Flying Diamond 8 Person

Big Agnes Flying Diamond 8 Person Tent: Description

    Having more square footage than one Big Agnes staffer's first Steamboat apartment, the Flying Diamond series of shelters are much more than standard tents. They are Everest base camp dining rooms, buttoned up Black Rock City roosts and Vedauwoo wind refuges. The Flying Diamond series is Big Agnes' biggest base camping design. Try one as an all-season two room condo with plenty of space to stretch out and relax or as a place to serve pancakes to the entire family. Trail Weight: 22 lb 6oz. Packed Weight: 27 lb 2oz. Footprint Weight: 2lb 11oz. Fast Fly Weight: N/A. Packed Size: 8"x 16"x27". Floor Area: 112 sq ft. Vestibule Area: 35 sq. ft.. Head Height: 72"-54".

If you have planning to buy it in a lower price ? you ought to to check the purchaser reviews & costs from several outlets. You will be glad to view how convenient this item could be, and you may feel good understanding that this Big Agnes Flying Diamond 8 Person Tent is amongst the best selling item on today.

Get Big Agnes Flying Diamond 8 Person Tent Deal!!

Most helpful customer reviews

5Only one like it, best design , price and functions
By THEIZZARDKING
only tent of this size (under $6,000) that has the classic cross pole igloo shape of modern mountaineering tents, after coming from the first generation of the north face mountain ve-25 that i had used for over 11 years i needed something similar that could house my now larger family, we still routinely camp in adverse weather and places with extremely high winds at times (Columbia river gorge/basin ) so having something that could stand up to snow and the rest was paramount, after looking at all of the tents of this size and how the poles are used and number and types of guy lines this one was the best...short of one of the base station type tents that are $$$$$$......

about the function

tent is one main large area with a smaller section that can be divided off with an integrated zippered wall, that also includes a tether to the floor (nice to keep wet dogs out of your bed area)

the smaller section can also be folded back and tied to the tent body to limit the size of the tent as well, say you only need the one big room....

there are pockets all through out the tent and some located at head level in the corners which is nice for putting you head lamp in and using it to light the tent, also in the int eh smaller room pockets are located at your feet and head as most other tents would have, good space, ample storage.

tent is very large! takes up 1/2~3/4 of a parking spot at a standard Washington state park camp ground ... when in state parks we pitch the tent in the parking spot as it tends to eat up most of the site in the standard size campgrounds.
could easily fit a couple of cots and camp chairs in there.

another very nice feature is the ability to make a tall awning from the front of the rain fly, they suggest trekking poles but i bought a couple of those replacement pole kits from the surplus store and made custom length poles for this, works great and provides enough room where you're not overly crouching to go in and out of the tent.

another thing is the carry case for all of this, very very nice! everything has it's spot and all of the pockets are elastic so you don't have to have blueprints and diagrams for folding the tent back up to get it in it's bag, take down and clear up was even easier than most of my other tents in this regard...sure more poles,more fabric, but actually getting it in the bag was easy!

i've only had the tent out 5~6 times and most was during the winter and early spring in Washington, has held up great and i think the ventilation should be awesome for summer camping.... i really think big agnes knocked it out of the park on this one and this tent should be getting alot more attention than it does...i fully expect this tent to last me as long as my old ve-25.

3Great Tent - Awful zippers
By Rajmitch
Relatively easy to set up given the size.

Good design. Unlike Coleman and many box-store family tents, this one has a full fly and the tent is well-designed enough to keep it off the tent fabric even in heavy rain. I've been in some torrential downpours and it's never leaked at all.

The back "room" is just big enough for a queen-sized air mattress and can be zipped off for relative privacy (my precocious 5 year old refers to it where "mommy and daddy have sex".

The zippers just suck. Light backpacking zippers have no place on an 8-person tent particularly the poor quality ones on here. We had problems the first day out. There is no reason that Big A couldn't have put a heavy quality (or even better quality) zipper on the tent and fly. They have been a pain since we first put the tent up in the yard and will need to be replaced by next (3rd) season. Zippers are too important to skimp on - not sure what the designers at Big A were thinking.

5Recommended
By D. Valiga
The Big Agnes "Flying Diamond 8" is a very nice tent. As others mentioned, it is actually very easy to setup, easy to take down, and the bag for the tent makes it easy to pack up poles, stakes, tent, and fly. This was especially convenient on a recent trip when I had to pack up a wet fly and dry tent after a night of rain... very handy to have them separated in the bag.

This tent did very well in the mountains of Montana for 7 days. It survived rain, cold, hot, wind, and kids! It was very roomy for 5 of us plus gear. I would say that this tent will comfortably fit 5 to 6 adults and gear (8 would be a bit cramped). This tent is a champ in the wind and with the air vents closed is actually quite warm in 30-40 degree temps.

It proved to be waterproof including one morning waking up inside the mountain clouds (fly was soaked on both sides, but the tent was dry). The only issue I found was after a 3rd day of rain, the tent pole seam on the roof of the front vestibule leaked a little and dripped. But this was outside of the tent itself and should be easily fixed with some waterproofing on that seam of the fly.

My only concern at the moment is that the front vestibule pole stretches the front door such that it can be a little difficult to zip and unzip. Seems strong enough but time will tell if this causes any problems due to stretching.

Overall a very good tent, great for car camping and families, and very good protection from the elements. I recommend the footprint for this tent which is nicely color coded for the tent and fits the unique shape.

See all 13 customer reviews...

Best Buy Best Family Camping Tents Big Agnes Flying Diamond 8 Person Tent .
Best PriceBest Family Camping Tents Big Agnes Flying Diamond 8 Person Tent .
Discount Best Family Camping Tents Big Agnes Flying Diamond 8 Person Tent
Cheap Best Family Camping Tents Big Agnes Flying Diamond 8 Person Tent .
Best Family Camping Tents Big Agnes Flying Diamond 8 Person Tent Reviews.
Best Family Camping Tents Big Agnes Flying Diamond 8 Person Tent for Sale.
Best Family Camping Tents Big Agnes Flying Diamond 8 Person Tent Best Price.
Best Family Camping Tents Big Agnes Flying Diamond 8 Person Tent On Sale.

Google Wikipedia Facebook Yahoo