@ Family Camping Tents Buy ALPS Mountaineering Chaos 3 Tent, Brown/Orange Cheapest

barneyl...@gmail.com

Jul 6, 2014, 5:29:55 AM7/6/14
to family-ca...@googlegroups.com
Price Compare Best Family Camping Tents "ALPS Mountaineering Chaos 3 Tent, Brown/Orange" Great price for you

Want to Buy Best Family Camping Tents "ALPS Mountaineering Chaos 3 Tent, Brown/Orange" ?.

You are searching for Best Family Camping Tents ALPS Mountaineering Chaos 3 Tent, Brown/Orange? We offer quality products ALPS Mountaineering Chaos 3 Tent, Brown/Orange. We strive to offer quality Best Family Camping Tents ALPS Mountaineering Chaos 3 Tent, Brown/Orange, leaving you satisfied. Please change comparing prices before buying so that you will draw your quality products and cheap...

Best Family Camping Tents "ALPS Mountaineering Chaos 3 Tent, Brown/Orange" 9 out of 10. based on 133 ratings

Check Price Update Read More Reviews

ALPS Mountaineering Chaos 3 Tent, Brown/Orange Detail & Feature

  • Freestanding 3 person tent with tough polyester taffeta walls
  • Easy to assemble design with shock corded aluminum poles and secure tent clips
  • Multi pass urethane coating on fly and floor for maximum weather protection
  • 2 Doors for easy entry and exit, 2 vestibules for gear storage
  • 41-Square Feet of sleeping space, weighs 6-Pound 4-Ounces

ALPS Mountaineering Chaos 3 Tent, Brown/Orange: Description

    Alps Chaos Tent. Strong, Lightweight, Weather - proof, Roomy! Packs light and tight, and goes up in a flash! Once you're inside, you're protected from seeping water and bad weather by the thick poly walls and floor that come factory-sealed. Roomy, too... helps prevent going "stir-crazy" in bad weather. Nice features: Free-standing pole system with 7000 series aluminum poles; Easy assembly with clips that quickly snap over tent poles; 2 vestibules for extra gear storage; Factory-sealed fly and floor for top-notch weather protection; Full-coverage fly offers maximum protection; Mesh roof vents improve ventilation; 2-door entry; Extra-large #8 zipper on doors and vestibules; Includes mesh storage pocket, gear loft, aluminum stakes, guy ropes.; The technical stuff: 75D / 185T polyester taffeta floor with 2000 mm coating for strength; 75D / 185T polyester fly resists UV damage and stays taut; Base size: 5'6" x 7'6" (3-man); Center height: 3'8" (3-man); Vestibule area: 22 sq. ft. (3-man); Total weight: 6 lbs., 4 ozs. (3-man).; Order Now! Alps Chaos 3-person Tent

Should you have planning to buy it inside a lower price ? you should to check the purchaser reviews & price ranges from several stores. You will be glad to find out how convenient this item might be, and you will probably feel good acknowledge that this ALPS Mountaineering Chaos 3 Tent, Brown/Orange is probably the best selling merchandise on today.

Get ALPS Mountaineering Chaos 3 Tent, Brown/Orange Low Price!!

Most helpful customer reviews

5First new tent in 15 years. Dry during 8 hour down pour!
By Steven J. Harper
This tent was everything i hoped it would be. i did not intend to test it out the way i did on it's first outing... I read the reviews and even set up several tents in a local store before deciding on the catalyst 3 (Chaos 3) tent from ALPS. i took it out on an over night backpacking trip this weekend and man did i test it out. the downpour started at about 2am and it did not let up until i was home on my couch at 12 in the afternoon. my wife and i were dry and warm the entire night and in the morning i took the tent down inside of the dry safety of the rain fly and the footprint, I did not get wet until i had to take down the rain-fly! however by that time i had packed EVERYTHING else and only had to deal with the fly and footprint. i would say that this tent was the single best piece of equipment i have bought for my wife, dog and i to go backpacking with yet. it sets up in under 5 minutes including staking it out and weighs only 5-6 pounds which i think is fine for a 3 person tent that KEEPS YOU DRY regardless of the storm outside. we got over 1.5 inches in a few hours and this might as well have been a boat at some points during the night. the tent dries quick once you get it hung-up in your garage and feels roomy inside with a 30lbs dog my 5'7" wife and a 6'2" me together with her 65L pack and my 80L pack.

Muddy boots never went inside due to the good sized vestibules that housed our boots dry and out of the rain all night and head lights kept up in the gear loft meant that we never wondered where to find a light.

If you are looking for a mid-light weight 3 person tent for 2 (3 people in this tent would be VERY cozy....) then you should buy this immediately if one person carries the poles and footprint and the other the tent and the fly the divided weight is really great. and for the size, comfort and Especially the rainproof performance, this tent cannot be beat.

4Chaos 3 Tent Review
By David Stam
I recently took a trip to the Boundary Waters up past Ely, MN for a few days and bought this tent to replace my old one. This review will be to the point, so here we go:

My gripe with this tent as well as with all other tents is that they always list size wrong. Im 6'00 200 lbs and this "three man" tent is only big enough for two adults. I'm sure whoever reads this review as well as all other avid campers know about this common problem the different companies make. With only a NeoAir matress and a cheap foam mattress my friend brought with, I don't know where the third person would go. That's all the gear we had in the tent, so this is the only reason I gave the tent a 4/5.

Set-up:

There are two poles that come with the tent. The main pole has two three way connectors attached to them which makes set-up a snap. The second pole is what goes across the tent width-wise which makes the tent wider. To set up the tent just set up the poles the way you'd do any other tent, insert the ends into the grommets and then just connect the plasic hooks to the poles. The clips are a great improvement rather than the traditional sleeves many other cheaper tents use and you dont really have to bend the poles to fit right. Set up was literally a snap (bad pun I know).

The rain fly that comes with the tent makes use of plastic clips which can be tightened rather than having, say, a bungee cord stretched taught. I like the clips better because its just easier for me in my opinion.

Comfort:

As stated before the sizes all tent manufactoring companies use is not accurate at all, but this three man tent had enough room for two adults. The lenght of the tent was good enough for me and was also another reason I bought this tent (Since I'm 6'). I really dont remember the spec's of the two man version but I'm glad I bought the three man tent instead.

Another benefit of this tent is that its mostly made of mesh rather than nylon. This prevents condensation building up and made the few nights I slept in it comfortable and enjoyable. Granted at times there was a breeze through the tent that snuck under the rain fly, but since it was pretty windy to begin with and I was cozy in my mummy bag it didnt affect me at all.

The few nights I slept in it we had some rain all night long over two days. We didn't have any leakage whatsoever, so kudos to Alps for that.

Other:

A positive of this tent is that it has not one but two doors to get in and out. This also means the tent has two vestibules (If I spelled that right). I kepy my backpack in a thick plastic bag leaned up against a tree rather than store it under the vestibule, but there was enough room for shoes and my pack if need be (I have an old REI New Star 5400 cubic inch pack).

Im sure I missed something but to recap:

Set up was fast and easy (Not to mention the instructions are sewn into the tent bag if you forget how to set it up)

The tent held up to decent winds (Making the trees sway pretty good to describe how strong) as well as not leaking in continuous rain for two nights

No condensation buildup inside the tent made it nice and comfy

I would definitely recommend this tent to someone.

5Recommended Backpacking Tent
By James H. Crawford
I researched and purchased this Chaos 3 tent for my son who is in scouts. I looked for an "easy set up/take down tent", required it be "lightweight yet durable", a "small footprint" for carrying in a backpack, and could "accommodate two with gear". This tent easily meets or exceeds all requirements.
Set up and take down was less than 10 minutes at most, fastest in his camp with twelve tents from various makers. The carrying bag does not require "tight rolling and stuffing" as many do. It has a full fly for privacy and rain protection. The medium height profile handled 40-50mph winds on our second day of camp, staying tight and stable unlike the taller dome tents in camp, yet we only had the stakes holding it. It has two rain-fly vent windows with Velcro posts to adjust ventilation, a bonus I did not read in the description.
This is about the largest tent you would want to carry on a hike...other brands and larger sizes quickly reach 7 - 10 lbs or more.
A tarp or bottom sheet is always recommended, I prefer a slightly oversize tarp to allow a walk-in area in front of one door (this tent has two, which is very convenient when one camper needs to make a late night visit to the latrine).
I've owned five tents over the years and this one is the best designed I have purchased, in fact, I just bought a second Chaos 3 for myself.

See all 54 customer reviews...

Best Buy Best Family Camping Tents ALPS Mountaineering Chaos 3 Tent, Brown/Orange .
Best PriceBest Family Camping Tents ALPS Mountaineering Chaos 3 Tent, Brown/Orange .
Discount Best Family Camping Tents ALPS Mountaineering Chaos 3 Tent, Brown/Orange
Cheap Best Family Camping Tents ALPS Mountaineering Chaos 3 Tent, Brown/Orange .
Best Family Camping Tents ALPS Mountaineering Chaos 3 Tent, Brown/Orange Reviews.
Best Family Camping Tents ALPS Mountaineering Chaos 3 Tent, Brown/Orange for Sale.
Best Family Camping Tents ALPS Mountaineering Chaos 3 Tent, Brown/Orange Best Price.
Best Family Camping Tents ALPS Mountaineering Chaos 3 Tent, Brown/Orange On Sale.

Google Wikipedia Facebook Yahoo