# Family Camping Tents Best Quality Trek Tents 245C Cavas Cabin 9' x 12' Heavy Duty Cotton Camping 7 Person Tent w/ Fly Cover Cheap

barneyl...@gmail.com

Jul 6, 2014, 5:21:31 AM7/6/14
to family-ca...@googlegroups.com
Review Best Family Camping Tents "Trek Tents 245C Cavas Cabin 9' x 12' Heavy Duty Cotton Camping 7 Person Tent w/ Fly Cover" quality product for you

Want to Buy Best Family Camping Tents "Trek Tents 245C Cavas Cabin 9' x 12' Heavy Duty Cotton Camping 7 Person Tent w/ Fly Cover" ?.

You are looking for Best Family Camping Tents Trek Tents 245C Cavas Cabin 9' x 12' Heavy Duty Cotton Camping 7 Person Tent w/ Fly Cover? We offer quality products Trek Tents 245C Cavas Cabin 9' x 12' Heavy Duty Cotton Camping 7 Person Tent w/ Fly Cover. We strive to offer quality Best Family Camping Tents Trek Tents 245C Cavas Cabin 9' x 12' Heavy Duty Cotton Camping 7 Person Tent w/ Fly Cover, leaving you satisfied. Please change comparing prices before buying so that you will draw your quality products and cheap...

Best Family Camping Tents "Trek Tents 245C Cavas Cabin 9' x 12' Heavy Duty Cotton Camping 7 Person Tent w/ Fly Cover" 8.7 out of 10. based on 289 ratings

Check Price Update View More Detail

Trek Tents 245C Cavas Cabin 9' x 12' Heavy Duty Cotton Camping 7 Person Tent w/ Fly Cover Detail & Feature

  • Base Size: 9' x 12'
  • Sleeps: 7
  • Center Height: 90"
  • Wall Height: 48"
  • Area: 108 Sq. Ft.

Trek Tents 245C Cavas Cabin 9' x 12' Heavy Duty Cotton Camping 7 Person Tent w/ Fly Cover: Description

    Trek Tents 245C Cavas Cabin 9' x 12' Heavy Duty Cotton Camping 7 Person Tent. The Trek Tent brand was founded in the late 1980's by the president of Leisure Life (USA), Mr. George Smith. George's extensive experience in the tent industry led him to design and manufacture tents that were known for high quality construction and high-end features at a moderate price. George continued to build upon that legacy with the lauching of the Trek Tent line, delivering high quality and outstanding value in tents that are reliable and durable. We continue that Trek Tent tradition today. Foillowing George's vision, we build high value into every tent we manufacture, and we back it with a warranty that says we mean itFEATURES:- Includes FLY COVER - 100% cotton walls and roof - Heavy duty vinyl-coated canvas floor for long wear - 1" diameter powder coated steel frame - Chain-linked poles for easy set-up - Center ridge has sleeve pole tunnel for "no-sag" appearance - Three extra large screen windows with inside zip storm flaps - Wide front screen door with zip rain flaps - Screens are No-See-Um mesh - Interior sewn-in pockets for storage - Meets CPAI - 84 fire retardant regulations - Tent includes stakes, storage bag, and instructions

For those who have planning to buy it in a very lower price ? it is best to to check the consumer reviews & charges from several outlets. You will be glad to find out how convenient this item is usually, and you will probably feel good realizing that this Trek Tents 245C Cavas Cabin 9' x 12' Heavy Duty Cotton Camping 7 Person Tent w/ Fly Cover is amongst the best selling item on today.

Check Trek Tents 245C Cavas Cabin 9' x 12' Heavy Duty Cotton Camping 7 Person Tent w/ Fly Cover Low Price!!

Most helpful customer reviews

3Not bad
By JR
You get what you pay for. In the case of this tent, you don't get top quality, but you don't pay top dollar either. The tent isn't bad. It's nice and roomy once you get it set up, but getting it set up is the problem.

I've had mine for a few years now (so they MAY have made some changes to it, I don't know).

Don't even TRY to set it up alone. It can be done, but even with two people it's tough to do. One bit of information on setting this up is critical: the tent gets its stability from the stakes and tie-offs. This is in no way a "free standing" tent that needs to be tied down for protection from the wind. For some reason that wasn't so obvious to me when I first got it. It looked like it should stand up mostly on its own. It does not.

Get or make some GOOD stakes (and extras). Don't skimp or you'll only regret it.

It may just be my lack of patience, but whenever I get mine set up, it never looks quite like the pictures. It's always quite a bit more... "droopy" looking.

Quality wise, I'd give it a 7 out of 10. In trying to pull the tent tight I actually ripped the stitching along the very top of the tent, and had to sew it back up myself (very heavy canvas, not fun stitching...) This is an area that obviously has to take a lot of stress and abuse, and I was surpised it ripped as easiliy as it did. With my fix, I haven't had any more trouble with it (it was only one corner that let go - the other corner has held just fine without any of my stitching re-work).

Aside from that, this is just what it looks like, four walls and a roof. The bottom is heavy duty enough not to have failed me yet. I'm not overly cautious with it, so I take that as a plus.

The plasticy,rubbery rain fly/sun shield is a good addition. A bit flimsy, but I look at it as a freebie they didn't need to stick in, so I can't complain.

The canvas did rapidly fade once the sun shone on it, but that means very little to me personally.

Would I buy it again? A definite maybe. I remember when making this purhcase that I steered away from some of the other wall tents that looked like they needed more tie-offs - but now that I realize this needs just as many I might make a different decision. But for the price, this really isn't a bad deal.

Mine has no outlet for a chimney, that's something I miss having...

So my review on this is pretty much down the middle. If you can easily afford more, or it's going to get used a LOT, then spend more. If you just need somethihng for occasional use, this is probably fine for you.

If you're doing a lot of weekend family camping, I'd recommend more of a large "pop up" tent. It'd be about 50lbs lighter, take up much less space in your vehicle, and setup in a snap without having to get all p'd off at your wife while trying to raise it. : )

Plus you'll really stick out in a campground with this thing! And I don't mean that in a good way. It really does look a little silly set up in the woods next to a bunch of colemans. It's very tall and very bright. When everybody around you spends five minutes popping up their tents, compared to your hour and a half, you tend to get a little sensitive to your tent standing out so much. You'll keep asking youself "why exactly do I have this thing again?".

5Great faux wall tent - cute!
By Benjamin Herbst
I've had this tent for about 6 years now, I think. It is kind of heavy (steel poles, canvas), and a little bit of a trick to set up alone, but I've done it plenty. It has been through snow, rain, wind, and a lot of sun, and is still solid, but a little faded. I had a 4" silicone stove jack installed, and use a little 4 dog wood stove for fall/spring/winter warmth (I usually put a little plywood piece under the stove (painted silver one side to reflect) to keep any miscellaneous sparks from burning a hole in the floor while adding wood. It stays very warm, as it is solid canvas, and all windows and doors zip tight (watch out for carbon monoxide - no big screen top). I've been in it at -20 degrees f in my tee shirt, with the wood stove cranking away (at that temp. you'll probably burn 2 loads - maybe 3 - of wood in the stove for 1 night). The floor material is really great, way better than the typical tarp material in the nylon family camping tents. I usually throw some carpeting down, or a throw rug to keep it a little cleaner inside (and a little one outside too for mud). The roof, though canvas, has been treated with some waterproofing, and feels a little more "rubbery" than the walls, but works excellent in rain and snow (and stays fairly pliable in colder temps when setting up). The walls are canvas, and heavy enough - I think perfect weight - the tent would be heavier (already heavy enough) with the regular "wall tent" canvas. The actual dimensions are slightly (-6" max) less than advertised, as part of the 12' goes into making the tent seams, so it is really more like 8'-6 x 11'-6. The door is nice and big, so you don't need to duck down to get in.

For winter, I put the wood stove in and sleep opposite the front door (against the 12' side) for solo camping. In summer, it is a great tent for 2 guys, sleeping on opposite sides of the tent, with cots. Not too big, not too small. Plenty of room to stand up. The included rain fly is nylon, and mine lasted about 3 years (1 year set up permanently)before disintegrating due to uv exposure (as well as the little nylon bunge straps). I've used it a bunch without the rain fly, and it is just fine in rain and snow, especially with a wood stove burning to keep everything warm and dry. My friend has a similar, but old Coleman canvas tent, and he has to put a tarp over the top of part of it to keep the canvas roof dry (regular uncoated canvas). This one has way better roof material than his old tent. My zippers all still work fine, but I pay attention not to put the front pole too high, keeping any tension off the zipper.

Due to the tent design, you sometimes need to watch out for ponding rain/snow close to the side poles, as the tent wants to sag there, and collect moisture. One can lower the poles an inch, and that fixes the problem with rain. Or, just don't worry about it, and push off the snow or rain in the morning when you wake up. Mine hasn't leaked yet, even with a decent puddle up there on the roof.

Though very sturdy, I don't like this tent in high winds very much. Too much height, exposed area, and flapping around, due to the design. But, in moderate winds, it is just fine (it is ok in high winds too, but just not going to get a great night's sleep with the tent tied off to the truck with big ropes, and the wind just howling down the canyon). I'm going to say it is about 4x as strong as a little nylon type tent. Winds that snap those type of tent poles, and a little snow will collapse those tents doesn't do a thing to this solid little tent with metal poles and canvas.

I have other tents, tarps, lean too's etc. so this tent, due to it's weight, doesn't get used as much as others. But, I really like it, and it is the tent to have if it is going to snow (actually, the tarp lean-to with a fire in front often works great for moderate snow). Though the tent is strong, and works good in snow, I would never leave it set up without being around everyday to knock the snow off i.e. don't leave it set up all winter at a camp that you don't visit that often. It would definitely collapse under a bunch of snow (but so would any other tent). I had it set up one winter all winter long, but built a snow roof over it (with a plywood and metal roof) as we get a lot of snow where I live (mountains of Idaho). All in all, it is a really nice tent, and feels great inside (kind of glows with the white roof and tan sides). You could easily live in this thing, with a couch on one side, cot against the back wall, and wood stove, and be very comfortable.

I just noticed the price. Wow, it went up. Mine was about $350 including shipping. I think at $500 those other "spring" type tents are better, for the price. I'd buy this tent again for $350 though. $500 is getting into used wall tent territory. This tent is nicer, due to door and window design, color, and full floor, than the standard wall tent, for general camping. The wall tent would probably fare a little better, due to the frame with ridge and rafters, in heavy snow though.

5A great big, high quality tent.
By K. Maunder
I bought this tent so that my family could have a true rustic camping experience while having enough space to be comfortable. I usually camp at state or federal parks in the summer for a couple of days to two weeks at a time. I can easily fit four people and their all belongings inside the tent comfortably.

I bought this tent because I love camping, but have a bad back, so I wanted to find a tent I could walk in easily and stand up inside. My wife demanded a sealed floor as well, so I bought this one about 9 years ago.

I found the quality to be outstanding. The zippers, screens, and poles have held up very well under normal use. The material has faded some but it still looks great and has never stained. The floor is very durable and has had no problems yet with chairs or cots tearing through the floor (I sleep on a fold up cot). I Never had leaks or bent poles, even when a massive amount of water pooled on the roof while we were away during a big downpour.

This tent is very large inside, but it's not heavy or hard to set up. My wife can set it up herself in about 10 minutes or less but it takes about 30 minutes to take it apart because you really want to clean it inside and out as you fold it up.
Keeping an outdoor carpet outside and making people remove their shoes at the entrance helps a lot to keep it clean inside. Btw...(get a waterproof storage container for everyone's shoes).

The tent will not keep you much warmer than outside temperature. The walls are not a heavy enough material to insulate you from the cold but it does an adequate job of stopping the wind. I look at this as a benefit because insulated tents can get very hot in the summer. I never bought the stove option, so I can't comment on how it would work with a stove.

I have used this tent in high wind conditions and the tent stakes would lift out of the soil, so I replaced the corner stakes with rebar rods with a hook at the top and installed them in the front two corners, that solved the problem.
I also use the rebar rods if I camp in sandy soil, such as a beach area.

Some things I really like about this model is that the poles are a good steel that will not bend easily, the entrance opens wide to walk through easily, the windows are huge and screens are a tight mesh to stop most bugs from entering, the rain fly keeps the roof from getting stained by bird poop and tree sap. and the stakes are located close to the tent so that you don't have a bunch of trip hazards or toe busters to get hurt from.

Overall, I would highly recommend this tent to anyone who loves rustic camping in the spring/summer/fall and intends to leave their tent set up at least a few days at a time.

See all 4 customer reviews...

Best Buy Best Family Camping Tents Trek Tents 245C Cavas Cabin 9' x 12' Heavy Duty Cotton Camping 7 Person Tent w/ Fly Cover .
Best PriceBest Family Camping Tents Trek Tents 245C Cavas Cabin 9' x 12' Heavy Duty Cotton Camping 7 Person Tent w/ Fly Cover .
Discount Best Family Camping Tents Trek Tents 245C Cavas Cabin 9' x 12' Heavy Duty Cotton Camping 7 Person Tent w/ Fly Cover
Cheap Best Family Camping Tents Trek Tents 245C Cavas Cabin 9' x 12' Heavy Duty Cotton Camping 7 Person Tent w/ Fly Cover .
Best Family Camping Tents Trek Tents 245C Cavas Cabin 9' x 12' Heavy Duty Cotton Camping 7 Person Tent w/ Fly Cover Reviews.
Best Family Camping Tents Trek Tents 245C Cavas Cabin 9' x 12' Heavy Duty Cotton Camping 7 Person Tent w/ Fly Cover for Sale.
Best Family Camping Tents Trek Tents 245C Cavas Cabin 9' x 12' Heavy Duty Cotton Camping 7 Person Tent w/ Fly Cover Best Price.
Best Family Camping Tents Trek Tents 245C Cavas Cabin 9' x 12' Heavy Duty Cotton Camping 7 Person Tent w/ Fly Cover On Sale.

Google Wikipedia Facebook Yahoo