#1 Family Camping Tents Superior Coleman 6 Person Ara Tent Green (10'x9') Sale

barneyl...@gmail.com

Jul 6, 2014, 5:34:41 AM7/6/14
to family-ca...@googlegroups.com
Are You Finding For Best Family Camping Tents "Coleman 6 Person Ara Tent Green (10'x9')" quality product for you

Are You Finding Where to Buy For Best Family Camping Tents "Coleman 6 Person Ara Tent Green (10'x9')" ?.

You are searching for Best Family Camping Tents Coleman 6 Person Ara Tent Green (10'x9')? We offer quality products Coleman 6 Person Ara Tent Green (10'x9'). We strive to offer quality Best Family Camping Tents Coleman 6 Person Ara Tent Green (10'x9'), leaving you satisfied. Please change comparing prices before buying so that you will draw your quality products and cheap...

Best Family Camping Tents "Coleman 6 Person Ara Tent Green (10'x9')" 9.7 out of 10. based on 289 ratings

Check Price Update Read More Reviews

Coleman 6 Person Ara Tent Green (10'x9') Detail & Feature

    Coleman 6 Person Ara Tent Green (10'x9'): Description

    Should you have planning to buy it in a very lower price ? you ought to to check the purchaser reviews & charges from several outlets. You will be glad to find out how convenient this item is usually, and you will probably feel good acknowledge that this Coleman 6 Person Ara Tent Green (10'x9') is amongst the best selling piece on today.

    Check Coleman 6 Person Ara Tent Green (10'x9') Offer!!

    Most helpful customer reviews

    4Good Value and Easy Setup for new campers
    By Injunear
    Bought one of these at Target. In my opinion this is a great tent for the money. It is very easy to set up, has a good rain fly, good internal height, and versatile ventilation for most "moderate" weather conditions. Its probably the dryest tent I've owned (I've camped in the rain - hard rain - quite a bit in Florida). It has enough room to accommodate my Wife, son, and myself -- I wouldn't try putting 6 bodies in it though.

    My only complaint is that the floor material tends to "crinkle up" in the sun... but it hasn't seemed to cause a problem yet.

    Buy a good 10'x12' tarp as a ground cloth and you'll have extra protection for the floor of your tent and a floor in your porch area for shoes and such.

    5GREAT TENT
    By Suzi Klaszky
    I bought this tent after MUCH deliberation and LOTS of review-reading and advice-asking. I LOVE THIS TENT. Went camping with friends and our kids. Once we set up this tent, we all stood back and "wowed" for a long while. It's so much bigger than I thought it would be. In tent speak, a 6-person tent isn't really a 6 person tent unless you're lining up people in sleeping bags, but this tent will fit three very comfortably. We had a monster wind storm our second night and, while others packed up and left, our tent held up really well to the high winds and rain. NO LEAKING, even though I haven't sealed the seams yet. Not a drop made it inside and it was dry by the time we packed up. The "tub" style floor is amazing. I'd laid down a tarp to prevent moisture coming up into the tent, but it wasn't necessary, as the bottom is very heavy-duty. Coleman 6-Person Ara Tent - Green (10'x9') We had six people inside playing cards and there was SO MUCH ROOM, even with my gear and two air mattresses inside. Speaking strictly as a girl-- it's so pretty, too!!! I have to say, I bought it thinking that if it didn't work I'd return it, but this one's a keeper. I'll be buying another tent soon for the older two kids to have of their own, and this is surely the one I'll get. GREAT tent, GREAT price.

    3Nice for the price, but too many compromises
    By Candid Reviewer
    Let's get this out of the way up front: If you want a one- or two-time use tent for a short weekend of casual camping in fair weather, this tent will be fine and is actually quite a lot of tent for the money. BUT, if you're wanting a long-term family tent that will see a lot of use and maybe some heavy weather, I think there are just too many compromises that will add up to detract from the pleasure of the camping experience. That's why I returned mine to the store.

    Here's a detailed review...

    First, this is a lot of tent for the price. It's roomy and would sleep six in uncomfortably tight quarters. Realistically, it's well suited for up to four adults, or two adults with up to three small children. Persons up to 6' tall can stand up in the center of the tent, which is nice for pulling on your pants or stepping over others sleeping in the tent.

    The ventilation is well designed: a large mesh window in the front, large half-moon windows on each side, and a large mesh panel in the rear. With the rainfly in place, the peaks over each window and the high awning over the front door leave most of the mesh exposed to the breeze. The rainfly covers the mesh in the rear, but can be tensioned outward with a guy-line to leave a large pocket that will keep air flowing nicely. This is very important in hot/humid weather to reduce condensation and keep the tent cooler. I don't like partial rainfly designs, though, since they are weaker in high winds and can let in a lot of rain if the wind blows the droplets sideways.

    The tent floor is made from very durable polytarp material, of slightly better quality than a cheap tarp. If you're reasonably careful about where you pitch the tent (and clear away debris first), it should last a long time and will resist more abuse and moisture than a typical nylon floor. It is also "bathtub" style, with raised sides and no floor seams. It should keep the floor very dry as long as you don't puncture it.

    Where things go downhill is in the smaller details. Most people don't really understand what separates a true "high end" tent from a budget one like this, but the small details of a tent's construction can make or break your whole camping experience.

    First, the Ara's tent poles are fiberglass and they join together with raised collars. Fiberglass poles are notorious for breaking in heavy weather. I would much prefer DAC aluminum poles, which are lighter and stronger. Worse, the raised collars tend to snag as you feed them through the tent sleeves. Coleman wisely tried to minimize this by making each sleeve continuous (no gaps that require the same pole to exit and re-enter the sleeve on the same run). Nonetheless, the collars slow the setup compared to snag-free aluminum poles. Making matters much worse is Coleman's strange decision to incorporate two other kinds of pole attachments. Besides feeding each pole through a partial sleeve, you must also snap on two attachment clips at each end (eight total). Then, even stranger, the rainfly also uses velcro tabs. The result is a rather tedious experience of feeding poles through sleeves, THEN snapping on clips, THEN reaching under the fly to fasten some velcro tabs. When it's time to take the tent down, you're sure to forget about some of those attachments. So, you'll yank on a pole and have it come apart because, sure enough, you forgot to undo a tab, a clip, or a sleeve lip SOMEWHERE along the pole run (this happened to me three times during a single take down). I find that very frustrating.

    All told, it took me 25 minutes to set up the tent the first time (I was still discovering velcro tabs and clips I had overlooked an hour later!). It took 12 minutes to take it down, not counting the time to stuff everything back in the storage case (which I'll discuss below). I could probably reduce the setup time to 10 minutes with practice, but this is not an "instant" or "painless" setup, and you will spend at least another 10 or 15 minutes fidgeting with the guy lines and checking all the attachment points to get it nice and taut. To be exact, I'd call the setup and takedown process "manageable but slow, with a 50% chance of mild frustration and a 25% chance of aggravated cussing."

    The next downside is how the pole ends seat into the corners of the tent. Coleman attaches pointed tabs (about 2" long) to a metal ring sewn into each corner of the tent. These pointed tabs stick up into the (hollow) collars on the pole ends. Although this technically works as an attachment method, it is problematic for two reasons. First, the pointy tabs are permanently attached to the tent. They aren't sharp, but there is a reasonably good chance they will eventually puncture or abrade the tent body after being repeatedly rolled up for storage. Personally, I don't like rolling up pointy things inside the fabric of my tent--it's a bad idea. Second, and much more aggravating, is that while you feed the poles into the tent sleeves, the hollow ends will inevitably skim across the ground and collect dirt. Thus, some of them will end up completely clogged with dirt and unable to seat onto the metal tabs as intended. This happened to two of my eight pole ends during the first setup. I had to find a small screwdriver to scrape the dirt out of the clogged ends before I could finish the setup.

    One last issue with the poles. For some reason, three are colored black, while the fourth (and shortest) is gray. I don't understand why Coleman didn't make BOTH poles for the rainfly gray. Instead, you have to assemble the black poles and figure out which two (the longest two) are for the tent body, and which one is for the rainfly. This is silly. Obviously, since one pole is already gray, they could've colored BOTH rainfly poles gray.

    One major downside involves the guy-lines and window peaks in the rainfly. Before staking out the guy lines, the rainfly peak above each window seemed reasonably snug (a little sag, but acceptable). Once the guy lines were staked and tensioned, however, one side of each peak collapsed and sagged down far enough to touch the main tent, rendering it useless. In a stiff breeze or storm, the sagging fabric would surely flap and wake you. And if the rain came from any direction but straight down, water would almost certainly get into the tent. I found this disappointing and a little surprising. I spent over an hour adjusting the guy-lines to make sure it wasn't a set-up error on my part. No luck. No matter how I adjusted the guylines, the frame and rainfly simply couldn't sustain a tight peak over the windows. This is a major deal-breaker. NOTHING is worse than a flapping or leaking tent, and I am convinced this tent would do both on a breezy, rainy night.

    Another problem is that, when properly tensioned, the guylines distort the frame and tent body just enough to put a small kink in two locations along the front door zipper. This makes it impossible to open or close the door one-handed. One hand has to relax the strain on the fabric while the other pulls the zipper past the kinks. This may seem like a minor issue, but it can be extremely frustrating when you are carrying a flashlight, or clothes, or some other item and you're trying to get into your tent swiftly enough to keep the insects out. If the zipper doesn't operate smoothly with one hand, you'll fumble with whatever you're carrying, either dropping it or taking long enough to let in a dozen mosquitoes. Also, since this is a family tent, it is worth noting that my 2-1/2 year old daughter cannot operate the zipper due to the kinks, which means I would need to let her in or out EVERY time she wants to enter or exit. That sounds exhausting.

    The rainfly attaches with shock-corded nylon hooks. This is a bad idea because there is no way to tension the rainfly at the corner attachment points (better-quality tents use webbing straps that can be tightened for a good fit). Perhaps to compensate for this deficiency, Coleman sews SEVEN guy line attachments into the rainfly. The two in the front are bi-directional, so you end up with NINE tripping hazards all the way around the perimeter. A case could be made that all those guylines will help the tent bear the brunt of heavy winds, but I suspect there are so many because the designers realized the need to compensate for the poor rigidity of the frame and the lack of adjustment in the corners of the rainfly.

    Another disappointment is the lack of sufficient interior organizer pockets. There are only two small mesh pockets--one on each side of the tent. They are roughly the size of a mailing envelope... just large enough to hold a few candybars and a flashlight, or perhaps a watch, wallet, and glasses. In a tent this large, though, it is bizarre not to offer MORE storage. This may sound like a minor issue, but when you actually sleep in the tent with a family, you'll soon learn how obnoxious it is when you lack convenient places to stow items you don't want buried under mattresses, blankets, shoes, toys, etc. I don't understand why they didn't include more pockets.

    Yet another major disappointment (another deal-breaker) is the difficulty of packing up the tent. It is very hard to fit everything back into the carrying bag. First, you have to fold the tent body into thirds. Then, roll it up slowly and tightly, gradually squeezing out trapped air. Then you cram the rolled "tube" into the sack. It will fill most of the space, but you will still need to fit in four poles, the rainfly (which also takes awhile to fold), and the pack of stakes. It took me about 25 minutes. I could probably do it slightly faster if I cared to try again, but when you factor in the 12 minutes it took just to release all the pole attachments and take the tent down, that's 37 minutes to pack up a tent! It should never take more than 10 or 15 minutes to pack up a tent. Coleman needs to add at least an inch to the length and width of the carrying case to ease stowage. No one is going to backpack with this tent anyway, so I don't know why the case needs to be so small and tight.

    After all those critiques, it may sound like I hate the tent. I don't. In fact, it is a lot of tent for the price. But I've done enough camping and slept in enough different tents to know that these small design issues and detail flaws WILL add up to a lot more frustration than I care to bring to my camping experience. I returned my Coleman Ara to the store where I bought it.

    If you only plan to camp once in a blue moon, this tent will be fine in good weather. If you want a family tent for serious use, look for something better and give strong consideration to tents in the $200 range. (Keep in mind that true "high end" tents can run into the $400 - $700 range, so $200 is still a very good value and will buy you a vastly superior tent). I highly recommend the Kelty Trail Ridge 6, which is twice the price as the Ara, but way more than twice the tent. In fact, it is probably the single best value in a 6-person family tent because it is the lowest price you will find on a family tent without making compromises in the materials, construction, or livability of the tent.

    See all 10 customer reviews...

    Best Buy Best Family Camping Tents Coleman 6 Person Ara Tent Green (10'x9') .
    Best PriceBest Family Camping Tents Coleman 6 Person Ara Tent Green (10'x9') .
    Discount Best Family Camping Tents Coleman 6 Person Ara Tent Green (10'x9')
    Cheap Best Family Camping Tents Coleman 6 Person Ara Tent Green (10'x9') .
    Best Family Camping Tents Coleman 6 Person Ara Tent Green (10'x9') Reviews.
    Best Family Camping Tents Coleman 6 Person Ara Tent Green (10'x9') for Sale.
    Best Family Camping Tents Coleman 6 Person Ara Tent Green (10'x9') Best Price.
    Best Family Camping Tents Coleman 6 Person Ara Tent Green (10'x9') On Sale.

    Google Wikipedia Facebook Yahoo