Family Camping Tents Top Quality Ledge Scorpion Two Man Tent, Aluminum Poles On Sale

1 view

barneyl...@gmail.com

Jul 6, 2014, 9:52:16 AM7/6/14
to family-ca...@googlegroups.com
Are You Looking For Best Family Camping Tents "Ledge Scorpion Two Man Tent, Aluminum Poles" Best Buy for you

Are You Looking For Best Family Camping Tents "Ledge Scorpion Two Man Tent, Aluminum Poles" ?.

You are searching for Best Family Camping Tents Ledge Scorpion Two Man Tent, Aluminum Poles? We offer quality products Ledge Scorpion Two Man Tent, Aluminum Poles. We strive to offer quality Best Family Camping Tents Ledge Scorpion Two Man Tent, Aluminum Poles, leaving you satisfied. Please change comparing prices before buying so that you will draw your quality products and cheap...

Best Family Camping Tents "Ledge Scorpion Two Man Tent, Aluminum Poles" 8.7 out of 10. based on 299 ratings

Check Price Update View More Detail

Ledge Scorpion Two Man Tent, Aluminum Poles Detail & Feature

  • Size- 92 inches x 58 inches, 42 inches tall'
  • Weight - 5 lbs
  • Full Coverage Rainfly, 1500 mil Waterproofing
  • (2) 11 inch Aluminum Poles
  • 2 Interior Pockets, Aluminum Stakes, Gear Shed

Ledge Scorpion Two Man Tent, Aluminum Poles: Description

    Feature for feature the best tent on the market in price and specification. It includes full heat tape proprietary design, sturdy 2 aluminum pole assembly, and extensive waterproofing. It also provides exemplary internal storage and organization choices highlighting the dual door and vestibules.

For those who have planning to buy it in a lower price ? you ought to to check the consumer reviews & rates from several shops. You will be glad to find out how convenient this item can be, and you can feel good understanding that this Ledge Scorpion Two Man Tent, Aluminum Poles is probably the best selling item on today.

Check Ledge Scorpion Two Man Tent, Aluminum Poles Low Price!!

Most helpful customer reviews

5Great tent for the price
By Nateshuntsvegas
This tent is great for the price. This tent is very well constructed, I have not been in any in-climate weather yet but I'm sure its up for it, its very sturdy. It took me about 5 mins to set it up myself the first time. I purchased a floor model from Ledge ($45.99) so mine didn't come with instructions, I am not sure if yours will its pretty straight forward. The poles are very high quality, it doesn't mention this but the rain-fly could be pitched on its own if you adjust the straps, for a light weight shelter (2lb 12.10oz). The sides of the tent on the rain-fly have vinyl windows on both sides, nice touch. This tent is very well ventilated and on the fly the vents at the top can be either opened for warm weather or closed for cold. The tent features a gear loft, 2 pockets one on each side, 2 good size vestibules (enough for a backpack (55l) on each side , aluminum poles, aluminum shepherd stakes, and flashlight loop at top center great for my egear lantern. eGear LED Key Chain Lantern with Carabineer

Also this tent is not as heavy as they state, I measured it myself on a digital scale and this is what I came up with.

Tent 1lb 14.0oz
Rain Fly 1lb 12.2oz
Poles 1lb 0.08oz
Stakes 4.2oz
Stuff Sacks (3) 1.7oz
= 4.65lb
= 4lb 10.4oz
= 74.4oz
That includes all guy wires included attached to tent so that's a difference of

5.2lb = 83.2oz
4.65lb = 74.4oz
= 8.8oz
That a half a pound off, so needless to say I am please with my purchase, also to note the zippers where not ykk so not the best, and since it is such a large head room in a free standing dome tent the poles measure 20" with 8 sections per so your wielding 2 13' poles fyi.
The pack size is around 5" x 21"
I purchased this directly from ledge as a floor model but was leaning toward it at $100 as well. I have been looking for a backpacking tent.
I had looked at the Kelty Zenith 2 ($60) Kelty Zenith 2 Person Tent
@ 7 lbs 12 oz and only one vestibule it wasn't what I was looking for.
The Eureka Tetragon 7 ($78) Eureka! Tetragon 7 - Tent (sleeps 3)
@ 6 lbs 19 oz and no vestibule was a no go.
Eureka Scenic Pass 2 ($98) Eureka! Scenic Pass 2XT - Tent (sleeps 2)
No vestibules
The closest one that had 2 vestibules and was around 5lbs which I almost got was the
ALPS Mountaineering Zephyr 2 ($129) ALPS Mountaineering Zephyr 2 Backpacking Tent
I liked the design and head room but didn't care for all the mesh to exposed without fly.
HMM ok looking the Eureka! Scenic Pass 2XT just came down in price ($107) Eureka! Scenic Pass 2XT - Tent (sleeps 2)
If I were looking to spend $100 I might lean toward the Eureka, but I didn't and that's my review.
I have included a few pictures of it set up. Hope I didn't leave anything out, this was my first review.
If this was helpful please select Yes.
thanks

5Ledge comes through (formerly: Had high hopes)
By RT
UPDATE: As noted below, my rain fly came with the wrong clasp on one corner and it wouldn't fit into the keeper. I contacted Ledge Sports a few days ago and explained to "Seth" the problem. I half expected him to tell me I'd have to ship it back to Amazon. Instead, he apologized, got my mailing address and said he'd send a new clip.

Holy Crap! Today a package shows up containing a complete rain fly! I was only expecting a clip and that would have been enough. What's more, this rain fly has the vinyl window in it. It's been a while since customer service "anywhere" has floored me like this. Wow. I wish more companies would realize (like Ledge apparently does) that I'll give them first chance to take my money the next time because of this. (Note to all sellers: It's really that simple).

Also, I've been waiting on a storm and finally got one. A soaker - 2 inches of rain in 20 minutes. Not a single drop inside other than what puddled from my clothes after climbing inside. The tent was perched on a slight slope and water rolled underneath the floor and out the other side. I stayed dry.

So... I change my 2 Star Rating to 5. Adding 1 star because it keeps the rain out (the ultimate test in my books). Adding another because Ledge did what I asked and... adding the 5th star because they went above and beyond what I was expecting. I now have a lightweight, reasonably priced shelter that does everything I need. That's all I wanted and now know first-hand that Ledge will stand behind it.

END UPDATE

This thing was 5 stars "out of the box" (Isn't everything?).

The tent went up fine. Dimensions are close enough. My issue is with the rain fly. One of the 4 clips used to attach it to the corners is different than the other 3 and won't fit its "keeper" clasp. This pretty much makes the whole fly useless in the wind. (See pic above). Right now, I just tied the bogus end to a corner stake. Somebody screwed up in China and I feel bad blaming Ledge Sports but hey, they hired these people. I'm going to ask Ledge to send me a new clasp because I'm not going through the hassle of sending the whole tent back to Amazon. Depending on their response I'll change my rating because there really are lots things to like about this tent.

First off, It's really well thought out. Like any tent, you'll still bake inside under the sun but the lower floor ventilation is impressive. The roof vents (on the rain fly) are adequate but there's no way to keep them propped open - they just kind of "fold" upwards. The overhead "Gear Shed" is a nice bonus. (Shed? The marketing folks really crack me up). This "loft" is maybe 12"x18" but holds everything it needs to; hat, eyeglasses, wallet, phone, etc without too much sag. I'll never get another tent without one of these - it's really that handy. There are 2 mesh wall pockets in the corners. They are sewn on really low and mine just sort of lay on the floor. No where else to put them I guess because any higher and they'd block the floor vents or you'd bang your head/feet on them.

Plenty of stakes for everything (mine came with 10). 4 for the corners, 2 for the vestibules and 4 for guy lines. The stakes are typical aluminum, very flimsy and light for a backpacking tent. Oddly enough, they are actually sharpened which I've never seen before. If a tent this size bolted to the ground with 10 stakes isn't enough you should probably be in a storm shelter receiving last rites. The 2 aluminum poles are thin, VERY long and well crafted but then again, they aren't holding up 20 lbs. of canvas. I still worry about them though. Setup is a breeze which probably explains the lack of printed instructions. Dual vestibules are nice to put your muddy shoes and a few small items in but don't expect to park your car (or a large pack).

My rain fly didn't come with a see-through vinyl window so you can look out an end. (As shown in the picture). I guess Ledge decided to save a nickel or two and quit making it. Works for me. The less morning sunshine the better. I'm sure it fogged up anyway and was pretty much useless.

Still can't picture two adults in this thing but I'm a pretty big guy. At 6' 4" it's barely long enough for my frame but I have about 2 inches clearance on each end which is acceptable given most tents with this footprint are much worse. At least in this thing I can "sprawl" a bit.

Right now, I'm in the "wild" (my back yard) because a storm is moving in and I want to sleep in it and check for leaks throughout the night. The fly is indeed weather-taped so we'll see how it does.

5What a great product. Very happy
By jdyflyboy
I purchased this tent one because of it's features and two because of it's price. I am an experienced hicker and know what to look for in a tent. This was for a trip to Yosemite in Aug 2012.
Lets start off with the construction and materials used. When you open the box you will notice that they use aluminum poles and aluminum stakes. Awesome weight saver. Next you will find the rain fly. This covers the ENTIRE tent. If you deside to use the rain fly it clips on with buckles not cord. The rain fly is made of very strong material and comees with duel vinel windows on both ends. (Very cool feature) There are tie down points on the rain fly for both vestibule enterance points. You need to do this! I will explain later. The tent is equiped with duel vestabules (doors) and ventilation ports on both ends of the tent to minimize condensation.
Inside the tent they have supplied you with a mesh stow spot on the ceiling. On top of that is a loop for a small tent light. It also has one pocket on one end for goodies.
A little about its durability. On the night before we packed out we were hit with one hell of a lightening storm. it rained grape size drops on us for hours. The windows came in extra handy for the light show. The tent held up great! not a single drop got inside and I didn't even need to use the additional die down point supplied on the rain fly. I did however get mud all over the rainfly because I failed to stake the sides down. (my fault) The vent ports supplied us with fresh air and kept the moisture very low.
I feel this tent meets or exceeds the standards of other high end brands that run $200-$300. It wieghs in just about 5lbs.
Honestly the ONLY downside I could find is that the tent does not come with a footprint. I could have used that on the last night.
Hope this info helped you. Enjoy

See all 40 customer reviews...

Best Buy Best Family Camping Tents Ledge Scorpion Two Man Tent, Aluminum Poles .
Best PriceBest Family Camping Tents Ledge Scorpion Two Man Tent, Aluminum Poles .
Discount Best Family Camping Tents Ledge Scorpion Two Man Tent, Aluminum Poles
Cheap Best Family Camping Tents Ledge Scorpion Two Man Tent, Aluminum Poles .
Best Family Camping Tents Ledge Scorpion Two Man Tent, Aluminum Poles Reviews.
Best Family Camping Tents Ledge Scorpion Two Man Tent, Aluminum Poles for Sale.
Best Family Camping Tents Ledge Scorpion Two Man Tent, Aluminum Poles Best Price.
Best Family Camping Tents Ledge Scorpion Two Man Tent, Aluminum Poles On Sale.

Google Wikipedia Facebook Yahoo