#1 Family Camping Tents Review Kelty Frontier 4 Review

barneyl...@gmail.com

Jul 6, 2014, 5:28:22 AM7/6/14
to family-ca...@googlegroups.com
Get Best Family Camping Tents "Kelty Frontier 4" Great price for you

Want Read Reviews Of Best Family Camping Tents "Kelty Frontier 4" ?.

You are finding for Best Family Camping Tents Kelty Frontier 4? We offer quality products Kelty Frontier 4. We strive to offer quality Best Family Camping Tents Kelty Frontier 4, leaving you satisfied. Please change comparing prices before buying so that you will draw your quality products and cheap...

Best Family Camping Tents "Kelty Frontier 4" 9.7 out of 10. based on 276 ratings

Check Price Update Read More Reviews

Kelty Frontier 4 Detail & Feature

  • Packed Weight: 41lb 2oz / 18.7kg
  • Minimum Weight: 38lb 3oz / 17.3kg
  • Floor Area: 73ft2 / 6.78m2
  • Vestibule Area: 72.5ft2 / 6.74m2
  • Dimensions: (l x w x h): 118" x 89" x 86"

Kelty Frontier 4: Description

    If you're a family of 4 looking for a tent that you can really hang out in, the Frontier is for you -- and take a closer look as this canvas home away from home is not your father's old canvas tent. The easy set-up, freestanding design provides over 7 feet of peak height and the expansive supported vestibule can be kept open to create a screened-in porch or closed up so that you can still utilize this space in the event that the weather turns. *Easy to set up freestanding design with continuous pole-sleeve and clip construction. *Keeps water out with taped floor seams. *Ventilation is acheived with the closable mesh wall and vestibule panels and fly vents. *Noiseless zipper pulls. *Double track vestibule can be set up to create an awning (awning poles sold separately). *Packed Dimensions: 13" x 32" Seasons: 3 Number of Doors: 3 Number of Vestibules: 1 Number of Poles: 6 Pole Type: DAC Hybrid (combination of steel and aluminum poles) Wall Material: Cotton Canvas Floor Material: 210D Polyester, 3000mm

Should you have planning to buy it in the lower price ? you need to to check the buyer reviews & costs from several shops. You will be glad to view how convenient this item could be, and you can feel good acknowledge that this Kelty Frontier 4 is just about the best selling merchandise on today.

Get Kelty Frontier 4 Best Price!!

Most helpful customer reviews

4Good, but know what you are getting
By Talented Novice
This is a great tent, I'll keep it. However, it has a serious design flaw in my opinion and wish it had a few things that I got used in other tents. Here's a few things to keep in mind:

First, it's a canvas tent. I actually got it in part due to this. Canvas is heavy, but tougher than the light nylon in most tents. It's hard to find a canvas tent in a modern design, and this attracted me to it. But understand that it's heavy, in a tent this size (which is about 10 x 15 feet) the whole tent with poles comes in at about 40lbs. In a bag, it's about the size of an average cooler, so make sure you have room in the car for this, other stuff and your kids.

The major design flaw is the lack of a solid door between the open, floorless area in front and the main sleeping area. It's just a net door. So, you can't leave the front area open without people able to see you in the sleeping area. That's unfortunate, since you or your kids might like to change in there while others are avoiding the rain in the open area. Sadly, it doesn't work that way. Also, just having the net makes the sleeping area rather drafty. A solid fabric here in addition to the net, like the outer windows and doors would have been perfect. It would add a little weight, but no one is going to be backpacking this thing at 40lbs already.
The other thing that I wish it had was pockets and hanging rings inside. I'm used to this in several other tents, to hold glasses, wallet, keys, knife, flashlight, etc. without it getting mixed in with other stuff, and without having to keep a bag around. Rings or something in the roof to hang clothes and lights from would be great in a tent this size; I use those a lot in my smaller tents.

So overall, I recommend the tent, it's a great size, durable, and super easy to setup. However, I would have expected an interior door and some of the common tent features that I've come to expect in less expensive tents.

4Good tent; a couple of oddities
By J. Sirovatka
I use this for a 1-person car camping tent. I'm 5'5" and can set this up by myself in 20 minutes or so. The huge, overwhelming advantage to this tent is the fact that it is canvas. One can zip down the windows for breeze and a view, or zip them up for privacy and insulation. This is far better than having to manipulate a fly. Pitching the tent is also easier without having to throw a fly over the whole thing.

The tent is nice and spacious -- two cots would fit easily into the sleeping area, maybe three. As the previous reviewer mentioned, the door between the sleeping area and the vestibule is just a screen, which is odd. Also, there are no pockets in the middle of that screen door like the Kelty video shows (maybe only for the 6-person tent)? There are only two places to hang things, both right in the front of the vestibule area. Make sure and bring organizers with you if that is important.

In my mind, the nice canvas design overwhelms these minor issues.

Update Spring 2014: I have since moved to Kodiak Canvas Flex-Bow 4-Person Canvas Tent, Deluxe, as it is easier to put up as an individual and is extremely sturdy. Look at this as an option as well.

See all 2 customer reviews...

Best Buy Best Family Camping Tents Kelty Frontier 4 .
Best PriceBest Family Camping Tents Kelty Frontier 4 .
Discount Best Family Camping Tents Kelty Frontier 4
Cheap Best Family Camping Tents Kelty Frontier 4 .
Best Family Camping Tents Kelty Frontier 4 Reviews.
Best Family Camping Tents Kelty Frontier 4 for Sale.
Best Family Camping Tents Kelty Frontier 4 Best Price.
Best Family Camping Tents Kelty Frontier 4 On Sale.

Google Wikipedia Facebook Yahoo