parsing POST request bodies

ktdr...@ktdreyer.com

May 16, 2013, 11:13:15 AM5/16/13
to fakewe...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

Thanks very much for your work on FakeWeb. I'm looking into using FakeWeb to test the "web hook" functionality in Gitorious.

Gitorious uses web hooks to issue POSTs to various URLs whenever someone pushes a Git commit to the application. This POST contains a single "payload" parameter containing a JSON array that provides information about the user's commit.

In our unit tests, we need to verify that 1) the POST happens to the proper URL, and 2) the payload parameter is correct.

I saw that the FakeWeb README references parsing request bodies in 1.3, and I read the linked mailinglist thread. I was wondering if anything has changed with that? When can we look forward to the request body parsing?

- Ken