Selenium

dinshaw

Jan 13, 2010, 4:30:42 PM1/13/10
to FakeWeb
HI there,
Is anyone using FakeWeb with Selenium and getting this?
The calls to http://localhost:4444/selenium_client/driver get caught
by the FakeWeb.allow_net_connect = false

Fakeweb rocks.thank you for your efforts.

Chris Kampmeier

Jan 23, 2010, 11:38:04 PM1/23/10
to FakeWeb
Hey dinshaw, we're tracking work on that in a GitHub issue here:
http://github.com/chrisk/fakeweb/issues#issue/4

I'm going to try and pull in that patch soon — seems like a frequently-
encountered problem.

On Jan 13, 1:30 pm, dinshaw <gob...@gmail.com> wrote:
> HI there,
> Is anyone using FakeWeb with Selenium and getting this?

> The calls tohttp://localhost:4444/selenium_client/driverget caught

roovo

Jan 30, 2010, 1:01:13 PM1/30/10
to FakeWeb

On Jan 24, 4:38 am, Chris Kampmeier <ch...@kampers.net> wrote:
> Hey dinshaw, we're tracking work on that in a GitHub issue here:http://github.com/chrisk/fakeweb/issues#issue/4
>
> I'm going to try and pull in that patch soon — seems like a frequently-
> encountered problem.

I'm guessing that the issue here is using FakeWeb in cucumber tests
when using selenuim. If so, then you'll be defining what you want
FakeWeb to intercept in your cucumber steps. Now when you fire up
cucumber to run the tests it will start the rails app in a different
thread so it can poke it via a browser. This means that the FakeWeb
stuff is in the wrong thread to have any effect on the app under test
and can only intercept the selenium stuff which pokes the app such as
localhost:4444/selenium_client.

So I'm afraid that I don't think the patch will work for this
situation :(

Amiruddin Nagri

Jun 22, 2010, 11:36:01 AM6/22/10
to roovo, fakewe...@googlegroups.com
I have posted a comment on http://github.com/chrisk/fakeweb/issues#issue/4

also posting the same here :

+1,
I have fakeweb to check my tests are not dependent on any external
system.
but i have few javascript tests which runs with culerity, which calls
localhost, and obviously are caught nicely by fakeweb.

If i have a whitelist of websites, i can include it in setup and run
my integration test without hassle.

please update the status of this feature.

Thanks,
Amiruddin Nagri