Modeller Export Picture Options

Dan

Aug 13, 2015, 11:31:20 AM8/13/15
to FaceGen
Hello,

I am attempting to export/save a PhotoFit face from FaceGen to an image file. This works well, except the size and quality of the image are below the standards necessary for what it is going to be used for. My attempts to locate an answer through online manuals has been fruitless. Is there any way to change the export options to get a higher quality image? Or must this be done through a different program? If the latter is true, I see that FaceGen Artist may be the only option, are other options available?

Best,
Dan

FaceGen Guru

Aug 13, 2015, 11:58:12 AM8/13/15
to FaceGen

Hello Dan,

Not sure which metric you need to improve - pixel size ? Lighting ?

You can increase pixel size by maximizing the size of the view window - even to the extent of moving the rest of the GUI off the visible screen.

FaceGen Artist may not help since once applied to the Daz mesh, the faces get a distinctly 'Daz' look to them.

Best wishes,

Dan

Aug 13, 2015, 4:15:36 PM8/13/15
to FaceGen
Ah, Thanks Mr. Guru!

I was looking to increase the pixel count to get a better quality image. It is odd that the only way to accomplish this in the Modeller is to physically increase the view screen window! It would make more sense to specify the length and width/pixel count for saved images. But, for now this works just fine!

Thanks again,
Dan

Peter Buchholz

Aug 14, 2015, 4:53:45 PM8/14/15
to FaceGen
Hello Dan

I normally increase the size of the face as much as possible, then take a printscreen and paste this into photoshop. In photoshop I crop the face and scale it up to 4000 px wide. Then I start finishing the face by adding hair, beard, wrinkles and all the stuff I need. This always works fine for me.