FACEGEN ARTIST module

jagmehta

Sep 6, 2015, 12:57:08 AM9/6/15
to FaceGen
The mask produced by the process is actually quite good, however, when textures are applied to Genesis Character (Skinface,  etc)  in DAZ ver 4.8, IT DOES NOT COME EVEN CLOSE TO WHAT IT SHOULD BE.........Please advise

Can Your software (Which software ??) produce textures to match a photo EXACTLY, which  can then be  applied to a GENESIS character in DAZ 3D so that The Daz character's face matches up with the photo?

Please let me know, so I can proceed with acquisition  of your software

A trial software would be very much appreciated

Merci

FaceGen Guru

Sep 7, 2015, 10:26:59 AM9/7/15
to FaceGen

Hello,

I'm guessing you used the free demo version of FaceGen Artist.

This version is identical to the paid version except for the logo on the forehead.

I'm not sure what went wrong for you, did you follow all the instructions for selecting the texture images in Daz and removing glossiness ?

If so, the resulting texture image should be very close to the original photo (in the face area).

Best wishes,

jagmehta

Sep 7, 2015, 3:51:44 PM9/7/15
to FaceGen
 Facegen Guru:

Yes I did follow instructions. Still does not  come through

One thing though, the Skinface texture when applied, SITS TOO HIGH. Moving the position might help, is there a way to do that?

Question: Will FACEGEN MODELLER do the job?

Thanks
-------------------------------

Peter Buchholz

Sep 7, 2015, 5:00:18 PM9/7/15
to FaceGen
Working with the demo, too, I agree to the wrong position of the texture, when using Genesis male. If using Genesis female the texture fits the model perfectly.

I am missing a neck and ears texture. Anyone else missing these?

Cheers, Peter

FaceGen Guru

Sep 8, 2015, 10:29:36 AM9/8/15
to FaceGen

It appears that Daz Studio 4.8 defaults Genesis mesh to the Victoria 4 UV Set.

So before binding the textures, select all Genesis surfaces, go to 'UV Set' and select 'Genesis Male' or 'Genesis Female' (they appear to be the same).

Then binding the textures should work.

Thanks for letting me know about this.

Best wishes,

jagmehta

Sep 8, 2015, 11:46:16 PM9/8/15
to FaceGen
Facegen Guru:

As I mentioned in my earlier post, facegen artist produces a GOOD 3 D mask.

The process then, upon Export, produces a MORPH file and texture files

Question:
1   What is the purpose of the MORPH file and how can it be applied in DAZ3D
2.  Is there a way to export the initial 3d MASK to DAZ3D, if so, there probably would not be any need for the texture files
Thanks

FaceGen Guru

Sep 9, 2015, 6:30:53 AM9/9/15
to FaceGen

The morph file allows you to change the shape of Genesis 1 or 2 M/F meshes to match the shape of the mask seen in the program.

The instructions are:

0. Restart Daz Studio
1. Ensure the Genesis mesh is selected.
2. Select 'Parameters' -> 'Actor' -> 'Head' -> 'Universal' -> 'FaceGen'.  (or 'Shaping' -> 'Editor' -> 'Head' -> 'Universal' -> 'FaceGen')
3. Your new control should appear under the name you gave it. Move to 1.

There is no way to export the mask seen in the program as it would not be useful in Daz Studio; it has no expressions, no head, no body and has a different mesh and uv layout that Daz characters.

FaceGen Modeller will let you export that mask (and many other mesh sets) if that's what you really want.

Best wishes,

jagmehta

Sep 9, 2015, 3:00:49 PM9/9/15
to FaceGen

Thank you Facegen Guru

You mention FACEGEN MODELLER would export the mask, Can this be applied to Genesis Characters.

What I am attempting to do is to apply the mask to a Genesis Character in DAZ3D, so that it matches up with a PHOTOGRAPH, I
I can then export the character as a FBX file to be used in another 3D Animation software

Thanks for your help

FaceGen Guru

Sep 11, 2015, 7:11:04 AM9/11/15
to FaceGen

I don't think Daz Studio can make effective use of an arbitrary face mask.

This is why we built FaceGen Artist.

Best wishes,

Message has been deleted

Серж Горелый

Sep 21, 2015, 12:34:01 PM9/21/15
to FaceGen
http://facegen.com/products.htm  ПРОБУЙ

воскресенье, 6 сентября 2015 г., 7:57:08 UTC+3 пользователь jagmehta написал:
Маска производится в процессе на самом деле довольно хороший, однако, когда текстуры применяются к Бытие характера (Skinface, и т.д.) в DAZ версии 4.8, он не приходит даже близко к какой она должна быть ......... пожалуйста, порекомендуйте

Может Ваше программное обеспечение (Какое программное обеспечение ??) производят текстуры, чтобы соответствовать фото ТОЧНО, которые затем могут быть применены к GENESIS характера в DAZ 3D, так что лицо DAZ персонажа совпадает с фотографией?

Пожалуйста, дайте мне знать, чтобы я могу перейти с приобретением программного обеспечения

Пробный программное обеспечение будет очень ценится

Спасибо

Jason Hall

Mar 6, 2016, 9:04:31 PM3/6/16
to FaceGen
Hi,,

was just wondering if you ever got to the bottom of the poor texture export when converting the Facegen file to a Daz3d character issue.
It also doesn't help that the torso map and eyes etc are poor as well and dont match the face text map which then creates a seam where the UV maps join.

I have been messing with genesis original maps which are higher quality and trying to incorporate Facegen Modeller exports maps as it does create a high quality map.. Main problem is all the head models i have with facegen modeler dont have the same uv layout as what Facegen Artists creates thru Daz3d..

Looking forward to your response..

Many thanks Jason

FaceGen Guru

Mar 7, 2016, 7:06:50 AM3/7/16
to FaceGen

Hi Jason,

For seamless results you need to select the Genesis UV set and the render options described in the program.

You can watch a tutorial on how to make sure you've selecting the right UV set and rendering options here:

It won't work with other UV layouts.

Best wishes,

Jason Hall

Mar 7, 2016, 10:40:14 AM3/7/16
to FaceGen
Thanks for quick reply..

I am using the genesis UV,,, What I noticed using the Artist torso map that where the uv maps join on a characters head it seems duller some how than the from bit... Like i said in my previous post I have been playing with actual supplied genesis textures,, I am just finiding it hard to my theface match the rest of the body,, guess trial and error