Academic Research

Beste Ekmen

Dec 13, 2015, 6:25:08 AM12/13/15
to FaceGen
Dear FaceGen team,

I'm working on a research for real-time animating. However i need an average facial depth data and i decided to have it depending on an average 3d head model. So, your great work is fitting to what i was looking for.

I downloaded the free facegen modeller. And i will be using the very average (in all parameters) face with two pictures one frontial and the other as profile. So is there any restriction or legacy with the academic use of those two pictures? I will be referencing your product.

Also i would like to ask how the average model is created. What metrics and measurements are used, how many samples are calculated and further averaging method details. I was looking but couldnt find any paper or related scientific explanation about it. Any explanatory document link would be perfect.

Note: I was trying to also export a model (probably will not be used but in case). However I have a 12inch screen and didn't see any export button after selecting a model. If there is any, is it at the bottom so i'm not able because of not being able to resize window after some scale?

Thanks,
Kind regards.

FaceGen Guru

Dec 14, 2015, 8:40:34 AM12/14/15
to FaceGen

Dear Beste,

Thank you for your feedback.

We will add a scroll bar to longer windows in the next release, for people with small screens. In the meantime, find a bigger screen to export !

Screen-cap or rendered from FaceGen can be used however you want. The only restrictions are on the 3D exported models.

Averages depend on what you measure. I would recommend using the average for the particular racial group, age and gender you want.

Our dataset demographics are attached.

Best wishes,

scanDemographicsForPublic.zip