is there a way to obtain male-to female slider values?

Rosanna

Sep 5, 2014, 9:01:48 AM9/5/14
to fac...@googlegroups.com
Dear group,

I was wondering if there is a way to read out the value corresponding to the Gender slider bar.  Is this information stored in the .fg file in a way that could be made accessible for users?  I am asking because I would like to obtain a distribution of the slider values for my male and female faces I am already using as stimuli in an experiment.

Thanks!
Rosanna Olsen

FaceGen Guru

Sep 5, 2014, 9:12:35 AM9/5/14
to fac...@googlegroups.com

There is no way to read a precise numerical value in Modeller (or from an FG file), you would need our software developer kit for that.

You can set a precise value by starting at the limits (-3 and 3) and using the arrow keys to advance by 0.1 per keystroke. On that scale, male is at -1 and female at +1.

Best wishes,

Gerald McDonnell

Sep 23, 2019, 3:03:47 PM9/23/19
to FaceGen
Hi FaceGen Guru,

Can you please elaborate on this. I found the Gender variable and started at male and went to female with the arrow key. I counted 31 arrow presses to get to male to female. Am I doing something wrong here to not get the .1 per keystroke you mentioned? Is there an easier way to manipulate gender? Please let me know.

Thanks,
Gerald

FaceGen Expert

Sep 23, 2019, 3:42:21 PM9/23/19
to FaceGen

You are right !

My apologies, that advice was from an earlier version of Modeller or a different slider. I don't know what I was thinking.

You can both view and set exact slider values using Modeller Pro, which has numerical fields with every slider control.

Male mean remains -1.0 and female mean at 1.0.

Modeller Core does not have this feature.

Sorry again and best wishes,