FaceGen exports for use in FrameForge Storyboarding Studio 4

Kevin Luck

Jul 23, 2017, 11:27:29 PM7/23/17
to FaceGen
Hi,
This used to be a working thing but now that I have recently started working with FrameForge SBS again (after upgrading to 4.0) it isn't any more. The FrameForge team advise me that they are working with the FaceGen team to fix this (and they were very complimentary about the help they have been getting from FaceGen BTW).
I'm in the depths of pre-production and would really like to know if I'm likely to see a fix for this anytime soon.
Can anyone tell me yet?
Thanks in advance, Kevin

FaceGen Guru

Jul 24, 2017, 7:46:27 AM7/24/17
to FaceGen

Thanks for the note Kevin, we should have a fix out in the next few weeks.

Best wishes,

Kevin Luck

Aug 3, 2017, 6:44:04 PM8/3/17
to fac...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

We're approaching the end of "a few weeks" so just wondered where you were at with the fix.

Cheers. Kevin

On 24 July 2017 at 23:46, FaceGen Guru <meta...@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks for the note Kevin, we should have a fix out in the next few weeks.

Best wishes,

FaceGen Guru

Aug 9, 2017, 8:14:17 AM8/9/17
to FaceGen

We've encountered unexpected issues ... not sure when they'll be resolved but we'll release as soon as they are.

Best wishes,

Kevin Luck

Aug 9, 2017, 6:42:01 PM8/9/17
to fac...@googlegroups.com
Are you able to tell me what the last version(s) of Facegen that worked with FrameForge were?

Cheers, Kevin

FaceGen Guru

Aug 10, 2017, 8:00:19 AM8/10/17
to FaceGen

Modeller version 3.5

Best wishes,

Kevin Luck

Aug 25, 2017, 6:09:07 AM8/25/17
to FaceGen
Now that I have got the export to FrameForge 3 working with FaceGen 3.5 I've come to try it again in 3.14 and discovered that the main change I get for paying to upgrade is that I no longer have the ability to change the model set to the FrameForge Model Set which is an essential part of the process as far as I know. Since exporting to FrameForge wis the sole reason I have for having FaecGen it looks like I am stuck in a FaceGen 3.5 limbo.

Sucks somewhat.

FaceGen Guru

Aug 25, 2017, 6:12:50 AM8/25/17
to FaceGen

Worry not, Frameforge has helped us fix this issue and the new release will come out very soon.

Also note that your upgrade was free.

Best wishes,

Kevin Luck

Aug 25, 2017, 6:27:36 AM8/25/17
to FaceGen
Ignore that last post as I hadn't read the manual for the new version properly and didn't pick up on the fact that the method changing Model Sets had been completely changed.

It was late and I was tired, obviously!

Kevin Luck

Aug 25, 2017, 6:32:22 PM8/25/17
to fac...@googlegroups.com
And yes indeed all the upgrades since 3.5 have been free.
'my bad...

And the new version 3.15 is released and is running right now as I type!

Cheers