Přeskočit na první nepřečtenou zprávu

Face3D

nepřečteno,
30. 5. 2013 11:52:4430.05.13
komu: fac...@googlegroups.com
I am evaluating software to create 3D models of peoples heads with a goal of printing them on a 3D printer.  Before purchasing I wanted to run this idea by experienced FaceGen users.

1. Is the software and it's PhotoFit functionality a good match for taking a front and profile photo, using the PhotoFit functionality, exporting to an STL file and printing on a 3D Printer?  Any words of wisdom?
2. Is there any API to pass photos into the PhotoFit functionality?
3. I know this is kind of hard to answer, but how long would it take an experienced FaceGen users to use PhotoFit and create a model including hair and save it as an STL file.  Just looking for a ballpark of getting a decent model.
4. Anything else I should know?

Thank you for your time!

FaceGen Guru

nepřečteno,
30. 5. 2013 13:17:4030.05.13
komu: fac...@googlegroups.com

Some answers to your questions:

1. You won't do better than FaceGen for quickly creating a 3D likeness from photographs - unless you have access to a 3D scanner.
2. Only via our proprietary SDK.
3. About a minute.
4. Yes:
   a) Although we have a head mesh optimized for 3D printing we do not have any hairstyles for 3D printing.
   b) STL is a limited format, use OBJ if you need colour information.

Best wishes,

Face3D

nepřečteno,
30. 5. 2013 15:35:5530.05.13
komu: fac...@googlegroups.com
Thank you FaceGen Guru.

2.  Ok, Will remember that.
3. Would love that
4.  For some reason are the hair models add-ons not printable?  I know they arent complete but was hoping to use as a starting point.
5. Ok, printer will do OBJ but is single color.

Anyway, thanks for being so responsive, this is a new hobby.  My 3d printer comes next week.

Are you available for paid consulting to help get me up to speed?

FaceGen Guru

nepřečteno,
30. 5. 2013 17:34:4030.05.13
komu: fac...@googlegroups.com

Meshes must be designed completely differently for 3D printing (ie closed manifold).

We're only experts on FaceGen, not consulting in general, but feel free to ask any FaceGen questions here.

Best wishes,

Face3D

nepřečteno,
31. 5. 2013 11:50:1731.05.13
komu: fac...@googlegroups.com
Ok, I hit the gotcha if I switch my model set to 3D Printing, the hairstyles are no longer available as Model parts.

Can you tell me if there is a way to change that or what my options are?

Easy to use program so far otherwise.

Face3D

nepřečteno,
31. 5. 2013 11:56:4431.05.13
komu: fac...@googlegroups.com
Ok, I was a bit slow there.  I figured it out(adding the hair to the new model sets).

Can you help me with why the export option is greyed out?

Thanks!

Face3D

nepřečteno,
31. 5. 2013 12:06:2031.05.13
komu: fac...@googlegroups.com
Ok, looks like it is because although I purchased and installed, I need a site key filled in.  I will apparently get emailed that within 24 hours of my order so anytime now.

Thanks!

Face3D

nepřečteno,
5. 6. 2013 21:32:5705.06.13
komu: fac...@googlegroups.com
Ok, I have a little bit of experience now.

1. The hair Model Parts aren't really printable.  Even viewing you can see it floats above the head so when printing you get air prints.  Any ideas on how I might be able to get a printable model including hair?  Any possibility of including hair in the base model created off PhotoFit?

2. The 3D Printing Model Set doesn't have a flat base which makes it pretty tough to print without editing.

I imaging 3D printing features are newer and added onto your base product but I bet the number of those users will be increasing with all of the personal printers being sold.

Thanks for your help!

FaceGen Guru

nepřečteno,
6. 6. 2013 8:09:1806.06.13
komu: fac...@googlegroups.com

We don't currently have any 3D printable hairstyles; you have to make your own.

Of course once you do so you can integrate them into FaceGen Modeller with Customizer if you need to have them automatically fitted to different heads.

The base of our 3D print mesh is perfectly flat.

It is on an angle that has the head looking up up a bit, to avoid difficulties printing under the chin.

Best wishes,

Odpovědět všem
Odpověď autorovi
Přeposlat