orthogonality wrt to gender axis

SO

Nov 26, 2014, 11:27:17 AM11/26/14
to fac...@googlegroups.com
hi guru,

the way I understand the Gender Shape slider is that it additively changes parameters defining the current face, with gender specific parameters. If I am not wrong, if vector x defines my current face, x+delta_gender makes it more female and x-delta_gender makes it more male.

My problem is to find another delta vector, which is orthogonal to delta_gender, so that I can create new faces while being orthogonal to the male-female axis... This is necessary for me to generate a circular similarity continuum.

Cheers,
so

FaceGen Guru

Nov 26, 2014, 1:57:51 PM11/26/14
to fac...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Yes, the gender slider is linear in face space. It is also independent of racial group.

So for any two faces, set them to have the same gender value and the delta between the two faces will be orthogonal to that axis.

Best wishes,