Pular para a primeira mensagem não lida

5437...@qq.com

não lida,
19 de mai. de 2016, 11:08:5919/05/2016
para FaceGen
About FA, are there plans for supporting Daz Genesis 3 figures? There must be tons of people are waiting for that.

mrx...@att.net

não lida,
21 de mai. de 2016, 06:47:4421/05/2016
para FaceGen
I've been wondering the same thing. This is a upgrade we need BAD!! Everything coming out now is for Gen 3 and for the most part, especially poses, we can't use the new stuff with our Gen 2 characters. Could anyone please give us a time frame for this important upgrade?

FaceGen Guru

não lida,
21 de mai. de 2016, 08:55:3021/05/2016
para FaceGen

Thank you for your feedback.

We're swamped with other stuff right now but will try to get to this soon.

Best wishes,

Jason Hall

não lida,
21 de mai. de 2016, 21:56:5421/05/2016
para FaceGen
Hi folks. Sorry for jumping in on this conversation. But feel I need to ask the question. You say you are swamped with other stuff rather than keeping your flagship software up with the times. May I ask what the other things are. Can we expect something new software wise or some other enhancement to your already first class software. looking forward to your response

Jason

FaceGen Guru

não lida,
23 de mai. de 2016, 09:05:4523/05/2016
para FaceGen

That's a good question.

The biggest thing we are working on is a major improvement to the core technology which we hope to release, at least in part, in 2017.

We will find time to update Artist to Genesis 3 before that.

Best wishes,

mrx...@att.net

não lida,
28 de mai. de 2016, 05:36:3228/05/2016
para FaceGen
My bet is, there are as lot more people interested in seeing a update to include Gen 3 figures in Artist Pro, than there are wanting to see the core updated. I've wasted a lot of money on other face generating programs, and yours is perfect s far as I'[m concerned. Hands down better than anything else on the market. My vote is leave the core alone, and give us Gen 3 in Artist Pro. PLEASE? .

judy

não lida,
21 de jun. de 2016, 15:11:5421/06/2016
para FaceGen
What I would like to know is, what is technically different between Genesis 2 and Genesis 3, that causes FaceGen to delay this update?

Why can't the same FaceGen tecnology be used to generate Genesis 3 face morphs?

Genesis 3 is just another mesh, like Genesis 2.  There's one for male, and one for female, just like Genesis 2.
It uses the same DAZ technology.

If I had to guess, the work is already done.  It's release is just being delayed for another reason.

FaceGen Guru

não lida,
21 de jun. de 2016, 17:15:3621/06/2016
para FaceGen

I believe there is a new file format, and of course the part labeling of the mesh has changed a bit.

The biggest issue is we just haven't had any time, but we'll do it soon.

Best wishes,

mrx...@att.net

não lida,
26 de jun. de 2016, 05:10:3726/06/2016
para FaceGen
We've been repeatedly told for a long time the Gen 3 update "is coming soon". Hands down you have the best face generating code that's out there. I consistently use it every day in my work. Since EVERYTHING for the past year has been geared around the newer Gen 3 figures and the improvements they offer, we can't utilize most of it. This is especially true with premade pose packages. They simply won't interchange with Gen 2 figures. I can't imagine what could possibly be more important for you to be spending your time on. Your responses sound like creating this update is not a big deal. I assure you it's a big deal to your consumers. Maybe if enough of your customers express this concern, you'll get the message and put it on the front burner.

FaceGen Guru

não lida,
27 de jun. de 2016, 07:50:5327/06/2016
para FaceGen

Understood. We're now working on this.

Please note that FaceGen Artist sales are only a small part of our revenue, so in order to feed ourselves,
we must spend more time on other things.

The most effective way to push this is to get more people to buy the product by mentioning it on Daz forums.

Genesis 3 support will be a free upgrade for 'Pro' owners.

Best wishes,

Vivek Mohandas

não lida,
5 de out. de 2016, 12:20:3505/10/2016
para FaceGen
Have the support for Genesis 3 already been added? I'm already a 'Pro' owner but have not received an email to upgrade.

FaceGen Guru

não lida,
5 de out. de 2016, 12:39:2505/10/2016
para FaceGen

It has.

The updated link was emailed to the address on file on July 16.

If you didn't receive it, just email 'sup...@facegen.com' for another link and mention your purchasing name.

Best wishes,

Vivek Mohandas

não lida,
5 de out. de 2016, 12:50:1905/10/2016
para FaceGen
OK thank you. I've just emailed.

Peter Buchholz

não lida,
8 de out. de 2016, 02:52:2708/10/2016
para FaceGen
Would be cool to test this before buying the pro. Are there any final IRay renderings done with the exported textures from artists out there? I can only find pics showing the result in daz3d showing the texture view, but how will this look like when rendered in IRay?

FaceGen Guru

não lida,
8 de out. de 2016, 06:22:4908/10/2016
para FaceGen

Hi Peter,

Genesis 3 output is similar to Genesis 2 so you can get a good idea by trying the renders on Genesis 2 using the demo version (and ignoring the logo).

Note that Genesis 1 output doesn't integrate with body texture so will be a little different.

Best wishes,

mrx...@att.net

não lida,
8 de out. de 2016, 07:31:5508/10/2016
para FaceGen
All I can tell you is, I'd get the pro version and never look back. This is a MAJOR improvement over the previous version. I'm a retired professional glamor photographer. I have a issue with my spine that caused me to have to pretty much stop doing live photoshoots. I still love it though and compromised on working in Daz Studios virtual world. I wasn't satasified working with their generic models though. I was used to my live models. My goal became to duplicate my live models in the virtual world. I wanted them realistic from head to toe. The new Artist Pro for Gen 3 allows me to do this. It not only gives you a perfect face, it also gives you color corresponding torso and limbs. The result is everything is perfectly matched.

Every render I do is iRay. The FaceGen figures will render fine in iray, but you can get even more realistic results by using Human Iray shader on your figure you can purchase from Daz. I would send you samples but there is no place here to add a attachment. Any further questions, feel free to ask.

Andy

Peter Buchholz

não lida,
11 de out. de 2016, 09:23:5811/10/2016
para FaceGen
Thx for your advice, Andy. I purchased it and I am very happy with the results. One minor problem belonging to artist as well as modeller are eyelids. But this can be done later in Photoshop. Great piece of software, especially in conjunction with daz3d. Iray renders great on both g3 and g2 (with special iray shader).

mrx...@att.net

não lida,
11 de out. de 2016, 11:24:4211/10/2016
para FaceGen
Hey Peter, you're right about the eyes needing some work. I complained so much about them giving us Gen 3, I didn't have the nerve to start in again over the eyes. I'm betting they will eventually correct it. In the meantime, a easy solution that covers the worst part of it, is to raise the lower eyelids using morphs in Daz Studio. I'm not sure if the eye morphs cone standard in Daz, or are part of morphing packages I've purchased, but fiddling with the lower eyelids helps. Other than the problem with the eyes though, as far as I can tell the software is perfect.

If you're not using the Iran skin shaders from Human, try them. I've wasted a ton of money on different iray skin shaders and Human by far gives the best result.

Andy

Peter Buchholz

não lida,
11 de out. de 2016, 12:59:4111/10/2016
para FaceGen
Do you mean the JM HumanShader for IRAY? Or another product? Maybe you can send me some example renderings done with this shader? This would be great before spending more money on skin shaders. You can send it to peter(at)dieexpedition(dot)de
Thank you very much.

mrx...@att.net

não lida,
11 de out. de 2016, 14:33:3011/10/2016
para FaceGen
The JM Human Shader works to some extent, but Human Essentials for Iray works better. Human Reshade for Genesis 3 is great as well, but sometimes it beings out the eye problem and makes it look worse. For the better overall approach, If you only get one shader, I'd recommend the Human Essentials for Iray  I'll try to send you samples shortly.

Andy
Responder a todos
Responder ao autor
Encaminhar