blending texture

tom ball

Nov 29, 2016, 3:16:21 PM11/29/16
to FaceGen
Does anyone have a process or trick for taking the face material generated by FaceGen for say, Genesis 2, and mixing it into an existing material set using photoshop or gimp?  To put it another way, I have a set of material for the rest of a body, and I want to use the face material I just produced with FaceGen and have the result look like it all belongs together.

judy

Dec 5, 2016, 4:41:00 AM12/5/16
to FaceGen
I don't think that's possible.  2D painters, like Photoship/Gimp, don't understand seams.

To get a seamless fit, you need a 3D painter, like Substance Painter, that can paint across seams.