Happy Faces

rkw

Jul 13, 2011, 3:06:58 PM7/13/11
to FaceGen
I am trying to create an experiment in which some of the stimuli are
happy faces. I have played around with both smile sliders, however
this only changes the mouth. Playing around with both the eye and
eyebrow sliders has been somewhat successful, but I am ultimately
looking for a way to make the faces also smile with their eyes- like a
proper Duchenne smile (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
Smile#Duchenne_smiling). Is there a way in which I can make FaceGen do
this without adjusting numerous sliders? Is there some kind of "Happy"
emotion slider in the works?

Thanks!

FaceGen Guru

Jul 14, 2011, 7:31:16 AM7/14/11
to FaceGen

The SmileClosed and SmileOpen morphs do move the cheeks up, however
they don't affect the shape of the eyes. I would recommend adding a
bit of the EyeSquint morphs to achieve a really warm smile. If this
doesn't achieve what you want, or if you want to combine them into a
single morph, then you would have to custom add that morph by
modelling it yourself and integrating it back into FaceGen using
FaceGen Customizer. Alternatively, we can integrate it in for you
(once you've modelled it) and share it will all users. Please contact
us for instructions on this.

Best wishes,

Javier

Mar 12, 2013, 11:13:52 AM3/12/13
to fac...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Any updates on the matter? I would really love to be able to make genuinely smiling faces with the software?
Any parameters they sent you that are particularly good?

FaceGen Guru

Mar 12, 2013, 2:08:41 PM3/12/13
to fac...@googlegroups.com

No-one has sent in a better version do date.

Best wishes,

Javier Elkin

Mar 12, 2013, 2:11:34 PM3/12/13
to fac...@googlegroups.com
And out of curiosity: how come happiness is not given as a default expression as the other main expressions are?

Many thanks!!!