Folly doesn't build on Mac?

Huahang Liu

Jun 8, 2015, 4:56:54 AM6/8/15
to faceboo...@googlegroups.com
./../folly/experimental/fibers/FiberManager-inl.h:457:10: error: thread-local
      storage is not supported for the current target
  static thread_local T t;
         ^
1 error generated.
When I was trying to build folly on my Mac, I got the above error. It seems that thread_local is disabled by the clang compiler shipped with Xcode? Can we change to boost's thread specific pointer as a work around?

Thanks,
Huahang

David Callahan

Jul 15, 2015, 1:41:45 PM7/15/15
to faceboo...@googlegroups.com
Huahang, do you have a workaround you can share?

Laurent Demailly

Jul 30, 2015, 2:29:08 AM7/30/15
to Folly: the Facebook Open-source LibrarY, huaha...@gmail.com
Not exactly what you are looking for but folly::ThreadLocal*
compiles and works fine on a Mac,

which builds fine on a mac

Frank Chang

Jul 30, 2015, 8:49:01 PM7/30/15
to Folly: the Facebook Open-source LibrarY, huaha...@gmail.com
 Huahang Liu ,
    May I ask about Folly for Windows Visual Studio 2008 which I read a post from 2012.
    Please send me a link for building   Folly for Windows Visual Studio 2008.
    Thank you.
           Frank