FOLLY_SANITIZE_ADDRESS cause inconsistencies

Roman Gershman

Dec 16, 2017, 2:25:30 PM12/16/17
to Folly: the Facebook Open-source LibrarY

Hi,

If folly  is built in release mode (without sanitizer enabled) - it, obviously, does not produce sanitizer related code.

However when my application is built with sanitizer enabled and linked with folly it fails with linker error
"folly/include/folly/fibers/FiberManagerInternal-inl.h:70: undefined reference to `folly::fibers::FiberManager::registerStartSwitchStackWithAsan(void**, void const*, unsigned long)'"

because the decision whether to call sanitizer-related code is inside a header file that is compiled during when my application is built.

Roman Gershman

Dec 16, 2017, 2:30:10 PM12/16/17
to Folly: the Facebook Open-source LibrarY
I think the decision on whether folly should sanitize should be propagated via configure arguments and be consistent once built (config.h?) and not deduced via compiled flags.