Any idea about the steps to replace std::string with folly::fbstring?

Bo Liu

Sep 8, 2016, 7:16:25 PM9/8/16
to Folly: the Facebook Open-source LibrarY
Hi there,

For better performance, we want to use fbstring to replace std::string for our systems.

We copied FBString.h to overwrite basic_string.h for our compiler gcc4.9 and also defined the macro "_LIBSTDCXX_FBSTRING" in its c++config.h.
However, we got "fatal error: basic_fbstring_malloc.h: No such file or directory" when compiling our code.
It seems there is no basic_fbstring_malloc.h in folly or anywhere else I could find.

It's highly appreciated if anyone could provide some insights here.

Thanks,
Bo