How to achieve web-logic message polling in sequential on Fabric8 distributed env?

Bharadwaj N

Jul 26, 2016, 7:49:41 AM7/26/16
to fabric8
Guys,

We are using fabric8.

 we have bundle, which will pull msg from web-logic queue and process and keeps then on topic.
When all fuse instances are up and running, How can we ensure mutual exclusion? always only one of the fuse instance must connect to web-logic queue. when one fuse down then other fuse instance take over job in-order to avoid msg loss.

polling messages from web-logic queue . we are using camel JmsComponent--JmsConfiguration--JndiObjectFactoryBean.

How can we make sure always only one of the fuse instance connected to web-logic queue instead all of the fuse instances?
Jboss fuse 6.1, fabric 8. amq 5.9.0

Claus Ibsen

Jul 26, 2016, 7:53:52 AM7/26/16
to Bharadwaj N, fabric8
Hi

You can take a look at the fabric8 master component
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_JBoss_Fuse/6.2/html/Apache_Camel_Component_Reference/Master.html

But maybe WebLogic provides an exclusive consumer feature out of the
box? For example ActiveMQ does that:
http://activemq.apache.org/nms/activemq-exclusive-consumers.html
> --

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

Bharadwaj N

Jul 26, 2016, 8:17:22 AM7/26/16
to Claus Ibsen, fabric8
Hi Claus,

Thanks for quick reply. Point number one fabric8 master component is out-of box on fabric8 and we tested as well.

Now i need it in reverse way.

I have other question on non mutual exclusive. Sequential of message is not a matter.

All fuse instances must connect to web-logic queue. Fabric8 must server as round robin fashion.
If one of the fuse is slow then other active fuse instance will pull the message on cluster env.
Is there any configuration or  document for same?

James Strachan

Jul 28, 2016, 3:35:24 AM7/28/16
to Bharadwaj N, Claus Ibsen, fabric8
that sounds like a regular message queue doesn't it? Multiple consumers on a queue should compete for messages
James
-------
Red Hat

Twitter: @jstrachan