Re: fabric8 down after vagrant halt/up

Christian Posta

Jan 6, 2016, 10:43:10 AM1/6/16
to can...@intrinsic.world, fabric8
Awesome to hear you've got it running!

See my response to you previous mail regarding the fabric8-validate command and the persistence.

To run the CI/CD pipeline we recommend 8G for the VM (it ends up running lots and lots of stuff, builds, etc).

On Mon, Jan 4, 2016 at 7:46 AM, <can...@intrinsic.world> wrote:
Hi,

I was able to successfully run a fabric8 vagrant image. Congrats for making that easy!

However, as I wanted to change the amount of allocated RAM for the vm, I vagrant halt'd my vm and up'd again. Fabric8 is now gone.

running `gofabric8 validate` on the command-line gives me:

couldn't read version from server: Get http://localhost:8080/api: dial tcp 127.0.0.1:8080: connection ref

Also: what happens between restarts as I install apps in the console? Is stuff persisted on the host machine or will I have to redo the setup each time?

Thanks!

Candide

Christian Posta
twitter: @christianposta

Seahope

Jan 13, 2016, 8:24:08 AM1/13/16
to fabric8, can...@intrinsic.world
I have found the same problem.

The work around is documented I use the commands:

vagrant reload
vagrant provision

sudo dscacheutil -flushcache

sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder

I find that running these, sometimes twice gives me back access to the console.

I have found recently that projects created by the GUI remain when I restart.

Regards

Steve