SSL Error reported by the Alpine JDK Image

cmou...@redhat.com

Mar 30, 2017, 4:18:00 AM3/30/17
to fabric8
Hi,

When a SpringBoot HelloWorld App is deployed on kubernetes, then this ssl security error is reported "javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.security.ProviderException: java.io.IOException: Only uncompressed point format supported" within the log of the app started

Hopefully, we don't get it using the image 1.2.3 --> "-Dfabric8.generator.from=fabric8/java-alpine-openjdk8-jdk:1.2.3"

Question: As we are still using the same alpine image [1] between 1.2 and 1.2.3, what has been changed within the docker image & responsible of this SSL error ?

Regards,

Charles

Roland Huss

Mar 30, 2017, 6:15:51 AM3/30/17
to cmou...@redhat.com, fabric8
Its a problem with Java 1.8.0_121 on Alpine (mostly because of musl as c-lib). The other images (centos, jboss) should work fine. Also 1.2.3 contains 1.8.0_111 which also works find on Alpine.

I'm going to make a release 1.2.5 with a downgrade for Alpine.

Alpine was the default for f-m-p 3.2.x generator. If you upgrade to f-m-p 3.3.x you get the jboss base image by default.

... roland

... roland