docker versions difference issue stop play!

Seahope

Jun 12, 2016, 5:38:32 PM6/12/16
to fabric8
Hi,

I have the docker app running on my mac, which is currently at 1.11.2

I have just gone back to trying fabric8 under vagrant and get:

Error response from daemon: client is newer than server (client API version: 1.23, server API version: 1.21)

I set DOCKER_HOST=tcp://172.28.128.4:2375

and:

KUBERNETES_DOMAIN=vagrant.f8

KUBERNETES_MASTER=https://172.28.128.80:8080

KUBERNETES_TRUST_CERT=true

KUBERNETS_NAMESPACE=default

Within the VM I have:

Client:

 Version:      1.9.1

 API version:  1.21

 Go version:   go1.4.2

 Git commit:   a34a1d5

 Built:        Fri Nov 20 13:25:01 UTC 2015

 OS/Arch:      linux/amd64

Server:

 Version:      1.9.1

 API version:  1.21

 Go version:   go1.4.2

 Git commit:   a34a1d5

 Built:        Fri Nov 20 13:25:01 UTC 2015

 OS/Arch:      linux/amd64

On my Mac I have:

lient:

 Version:      1.11.2

 API version:  1.23

 Go version:   go1.5.4

 Git commit:   b9f10c9

 Built:        Wed Jun  1 21:20:08 2016

 OS/Arch:      darwin/amd64

Server:

 Version:      1.11.2

 API version:  1.23

 Go version:   go1.5.4

 Git commit:   56888bf

 Built:        Mon Jun  6 23:57:32 2016

 OS/Arch:      linux/amd64

It would be good to have something like GVM for docker so I could select the rather old docker client

James Strachan

Jun 13, 2016, 10:35:32 AM6/13/16
to Seahope, fabric8

James
-------
Red Hat

Twitter: @jstrachan
Email: james.s...@gmail.com
Blog: https://medium.com/@jstrachan/

open source microservices platform

Claus Ibsen

Jun 13, 2016, 10:46:08 AM6/13/16
to James Strachan, Seahope, fabric8
Hi

Yeah that carina stuff just works as I was able to figure out how to
use it, then most others can do that too.

davsclaus:/Users/davsclaus/$ dvm ls
-> 1.9.1
system (1.10.3)

I had 1.10.3 installed and it was too new, so with dvm you can type

dvm install 1.9.1

And it installs the older docker client. And you can then switch using
dvm use. And type dvm ls for list of versions.
Claus Ibsen
http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

Seahope

Jun 13, 2016, 12:15:23 PM6/13/16
to fabric8
Thanks James & Claus.

Exactly what I was looking for. I don't know why my Google hadn't found that site.

Regards

Steve