What is the status on Jube?

Rob

Aug 17, 2015, 8:49:56 PM8/17/15
to fabric8
According to http://fabric8.io/guide/getStartedJube.html jube 2x does not currently work?

I was wonder what the status on this is?

I am evaluating moving from fabric8 1x to 2x and Jube seems to be the replacement for SSH containers?

Thanks.

Claus Ibsen

Aug 20, 2015, 1:48:57 AM8/20/15
to Rob, fabric8
Hi Rob

Jube is still not working. There is no ETA yet when we get time and
priority to look at it again.

Are you on a platform where you cannot use the real thing with docker
and kubernetes? I would really suggest to use that over jube any day.
> --

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus
Camel in Action 2nd edition: http://www.manning.com/ibsen2

Rob

Aug 20, 2015, 8:05:57 AM8/20/15
to fabric8, robthe...@gmail.com
I completely agree that the real thing is better, but we have 1-2 "legacy" servers that don't have kubernetes/docker installed on them that has data we need to get into the cluster. With fabric8 1x we were able to use SSH containers; so I am trying to develop a roadmap for us to move to fabric8 2x/with vanilla kubernetes or OO v3.

Thanks for the reply.

Claus Ibsen

Aug 20, 2015, 11:56:19 AM8/20/15
to Rob, fabric8
Hi

Are those legacy servers more static, eg would you maybe be able
manage those as-is, and then what is missing piece is for any services
you have deployed on those legacy servers to "somehow" be enlisted as
a kubernetes services or some way for clients to discover and use
those services?

Or maybe you can build gateway/proxy services in kubernetes that
delegate and uses those legacy systems. Then for any other client its
just pure kubernetes. And only those gateways that has the complexity
internally how to delegate to the legacy services.