gofabric8 deploy failing on example-message-consumer template syntax errror

Mike

Aug 17, 2016, 3:07:45 PM8/17/16
to fabric8

Here is the detail (some lines removed):

# gofabric8 --domain=openshift.adb --insecure-skip-tls-verify=true deploy

Install DevOps templates......................................................

Downloading apps from: https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/io/fabric8/ipaas/distro/distro/2.2.148/distro-2.2.148-templates.zip

Cannot get fabric8 template to deploy: invalid character '-' in numeric literal

# gofabric8 version

gofabric8, version '0.4.34' (branch: 'master', revision: '8d8c513')

  build date:       '20160720-12:54:43'

  go version:       '1.6'

James Strachan

Aug 17, 2016, 3:36:04 PM8/17/16
to Mike, fabric8
Sorey that's my bad;, sorry! Ee're moving to json or YAML manifests and I've not yet updated gofabric8 to deal with it. I should have a fix tomorrow morning GMT

James
-------
Red Hat

Twitter: @jstrachan
Email: james.s...@gmail.com
Blog: https://medium.com/@jstrachan/

open source microservices platform

Mike

Aug 17, 2016, 3:51:48 PM8/17/16
to fabric8, mrayar...@flyingraydesign.com
Thanks! You rock!

I'm just trying to get some sort of baseline working for fabric8 dev environment. The vagrant install seems really out of date.

James Strachan

Aug 18, 2016, 4:28:59 AM8/18/16
to Mike, fabric8
OK if you grab the latest release of gofabric8 it should all be back working again:

sorry about that! We've been upgrading the fabric8 ecosystem to the new maven plugin: https://maven.fabric8.io/ which among other things moves all the fabric8 components over to use Deployment / DeploymentConfig for easier rolling upgrades and adds support for kubrnetes/helm distros on kubernetes; it looks like you hit the gremlin in this migration. Hopefully thats the last of them! :)

BTW we now heavily recommend folks use minikube or minishift instead of vagrant on their laptops:

instead of vagrant - as its much leaner and meaner; uses much less resources on your laptop and generally much more snappy. Minikube/minishift let you pick your virtualisation technology - the best solutions for OS X, windows and linux are xhyve, hyper-v and kvm respectively - though virtualbox is still supported.

BTW whenever we release gofabric8, the Vagrantfile's get upgraded automatically so if you do a 'git pull' in your fabric8-installer/vagrant/* folder you should get the new upgraded gofabric8.

Good luck & let us know if you hit any other issues or have any ideas on how we can improve the getting started experience or general capabilities. (We're hoping eventually to add fabric8 more natively inside minikube/minishift - plus make it a single Chart to install via kubernetes/helm...)