How best to handle keys, secrets, PVs, and service accounts

Christian Posta

Jul 7, 2015, 2:33:08 PM7/7/15
to fab...@googlegroups.com
So I've been digging into to gerrit app a bit, and I'd like to make it nicer to install w/out hacking locations onto the host and using host volumes.

I get how to add the secrets, etc... but curious what others thought... because adding secrets, persistent volumes, service account updates, etc, for apps makes it a little harder to just "one click and go"...

I see some of the other secrets are installed via the vagrant script.. but for folks not doing vagrant, that means they have other steps to take when installing directly into Kubernetes, or on a standalone openshift.

Is the best we can do just document these extra steps? ie... is this just the nature of using secrets/SAs/PVs with custom apps? Or any other thoughts?

--
Christian Posta
twitter: @christianposta