Help with a service definition

anthony kulis

Nov 23, 2016, 1:05:16 PM11/23/16
to fabric8
Attached is a service definition in which I set in /src/main/fabric/svc.yml expose to false. The rest is rendered by fabric8. I used the template from the starter microservice so I also have the default deployment.yml and configMap.yml in that path. Should setting expose to false have not allowed a public IP? What is the correct way to start a new app that is not meant to be exposed publicly?

Thanks.
Screen Shot 2016-11-23 at 11.31.05 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-11-23 at 12.03.10 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-11-23 at 12.00.44 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-11-23 at 12.00.51 PM.png

anthony kulis

Nov 23, 2016, 1:06:13 PM11/23/16
to fabric8

On Wednesday, November 23, 2016 at 12:05:16 PM UTC-6, anthony kulis wrote:
Attached is a service definition in which I set in /src/main/fabric/svc.yml expose to false. The rest is rendered by fabric8. I used the template from the starter microservice so I also have the default deployment.yml and configMap.yml in that path. Should setting expose to false have not allowed a public IP? What is the correct way to start a new app that is not meant to be exposed publicly?

Thanks.

BTW, I cut the public IP from the screenshot.

jer...@saasindustries.com

Nov 23, 2016, 2:40:27 PM11/23/16
to fabric8
James, would we need to specify the service type as "ClusterIP"?

According to Kubernetes, it indicates that the default type is ClusterIP, but seems when things are added via fabric8, default type is turned into LoadBalancer. So would he manually declare the service type to ClusterIP in order to get it to not expose?

James Strachan

Nov 24, 2016, 4:44:58 AM11/24/16
to anthony kulis, fabric8
what does the generated service look like (in target/classes/fabric8/META-INF/kubernetes/foo-svc.yml)?

On 23 November 2016 at 18:05, anthony kulis <anthon...@gmail.com> wrote:
Attached is a service definition in which I set in /src/main/fabric/svc.yml expose to false. The rest is rendered by fabric8. I used the template from the starter microservice so I also have the default deployment.yml and configMap.yml in that path. Should setting expose to false have not allowed a public IP? What is the correct way to start a new app that is not meant to be exposed publicly?

Thanks.

James
-------
Red Hat