Jenkins not starting

kurr...@gmail.com

Jan 7, 2017, 3:35:04 AM1/7/17
to fabric8
Hello

I'm running Fabric8 on:
OpenShift Master: v3.3.1.7
Kubernetes Master: v1.3.0+52492b4

Jenkins, gogs and Nexus do not seem to work.

They get an IP address assigned, but navigating to this just shows an error:

503 Service Unavailable

No server is available to handle this request.

Thhere doesnt appear to be any related pods running:

kubectl get pods
NAME READY STATUS RESTARTS AGE
configmapcontroller-1-dmnxo 1/1 Running 0 7h
exposecontroller-2-dw04r 1/1 Running 0 7h
fabric8-2-bmqf2 1/1 Running 0 7h
fabric8-docker-registry-1-vk9iu 1/1 Running 0 7h
fabric8-forge-1-j431w 1/1 Running 0 7hmanageiq-1-rsv5x 1/1 Running 0 11m

When I try to start a Jenkins service I see the following:

kind: Status
apiVersion: v1
metadata: {}
status: Failure
message: >-
  Service "jenkins" is invalid: spec.clusterIP: Invalid value: "": field is
  immutable
reason: Invalid
details:
  name: jenkins
  kind: Service
  causes:
    - reason: FieldValueInvalid
      message: 'Invalid value: "": field is immutable'
      field: spec.clusterIP
code: 422

James Strachan

Jan 7, 2017, 10:59:51 AM1/7/17
to kurr...@gmail.com, fabric8
those 3 services are the ones with persistence; so I suspect its related to not having PersistentVolumes available that match. More background there:

James
-------
Red Hat

Twitter: @jstrachan
Email: james.s...@gmail.com
Blog: https://medium.com/@jstrachan/

open source development platform

open source event based lambda programming